Robert's Grove / Seahorse Divers / Placencia ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VWJarhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking at a trip to Belize in May. Found a package deal through Seahorse Dive Shop and Robert's Grove for lodging. Anyone have experience with either? 2 divers OW only at present. Still novice but comfortable and looking to stay within limits for this trip. They also have a whale shark trip that looks like moon phase timing would be perfect for our trip...

I've never stayed at Roberts Grove but have eaten dinner there a couple of times. It's a big place with property on both sides of the road, ocean and lagoon. It looks nice.

As far as Seahorse, I always dive with Splash so I can't help with that. RG used to have their own in-house dive op, but I heard there were some problems and they shut it down.

You might want to consider getting a deep dive cert before you go chase Whale Sharks as you're going to go pretty deep, like 70 to 80 feet. It's a "blue water" dive, meaning you can't see the bottom so you really have to pay attention to your computer and/or gauges.

Have fun! I love Placencia.

Looking at a trip to Belize in May. Found a package deal through Seahorse Dive Shop and Robert's Grove for lodging. Anyone have experience with either? 2 divers OW only at present. Still novice but comfortable and looking to stay within limits for this trip. They also have a whale shark trip that looks like moon phase timing would be perfect for our trip...

We are booked to dive with Seahorse the third week of April and can let you know how it goes, if it's not too late.

Wife & I stayed at Robert's Grove ~10 yrs. ago. Nice place, restaurant a little pricey. Better have some type of transportation, quite a ways back to Placencia. Seahorse wasn't there then.

Thanks for all the advice.... Decided on Mexico instead...maybe Belize next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom