Roll call: Any old NASDS divers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are apparently two NASDS basic instruction books with the same name - SAFE SCUBA
The 1970 edition was authored by the late Bill Hogan, the later 1980 edition was authored by the popular Tony Zimos

I am searching for a later "zimos" edition of SAFE SCUBA

Any one with an extra copy ? For sale or trade?

Sam Miller, 111

There are apparently two NASDS basic instruction books with the same name - SAFE SCUBA
The 1970 edition was authored by the late Bill Hogan, the later 1980 edition was authored by the popular Tony Zimos

I am searching for a later "zimos" edition of SAFE SCUBA

Any one with an extra copy ? For sale or trade?

Sam Miller, 111

I don't but here is an online used book store with some copies for < 10$ shipped:
SAFE SCUBA by Hammes, Richard B. And Anthony G. Zimos: National Association of Scuba Diving Schools, Long Beach, CA Soft Cover - SeaOcean Book Berth

Thank You !
I had anticipated perhaps purchasing a copy from a old NASDS member who frequents this board -- but the prices the books are offered cannot be beat

Thank you again -- stay warm up north
Sam Miller, 111

I missed all the fun. We just had a trade paperback called "The new science of skin and scuba diving" or something like that. I've long since given it away, but I think it was a YMCA imprint or an indy.

Taught NASDS in Walnut Creek in the late 60's. Taught at Olympic Dive and Travel owned by Dave Olsen. Took my instructors training in San Diego under John Gaffney. My OWI #488. Personal info on my profile page. Not familiar with threads but my diving career started at Naval Dive facility, Pearl Harbor and went from there.. I don't know where the Garibaldi tag came from..

Certified in 1974 at the National Aquatic Service in Syracuse, N.Y. by Gordon Tousant OWI 386. I still have the card. Their web site advertises SDI and SSI agency affiliations.

Taught NASDS in Walnut Creek in the late 60's. Taught at Olympic Dive and Travel owned by Dave Olsen. Took my instructors training in San Diego under John Gaffney. My OWI #488. Personal info on my profile page. Not familiar with threads but my diving career started at Naval Dive facility, Pearl Harbor and went from there.. I don't know where the Garibaldi tag came from..

Thank you for joining us.

Welcome. I will look forward to reading more if you feel like sharing some stories and your experiences.

Warm regards,
Cameron

P. S. Did you use the mk-7 reg for commercial fishing too?

Certified by NASDS in May 1984 at Underwater Unlimited in Miami. Joey Hodge was my instructor. I still have my card but it's a bit brittle!

Regarding NASDS' relationship with Scubapro, Joey said the only kind of fins she would let me buy were Jetfins. She must have been right because I still have them 35 years later!

NASDS in 1973, at C&G Sportings Goods, in Panama City, FL. Ronnie Groom was my instructor and he is now 81. I spoke to him just last week, he is still working everyday, but not teaching anymore. he said not a single diver he trained has ever had an accident and he is proud of that track record. I lost my card in 1983 and NASDS had the fire and couldn't verify my records so I re certified at a NASDS Dive Shop in Monterey, CA, and Bill Baldwin was my instructor the second time around. If anyone knows Bill, I would like to find him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom