Roll Call- COZUMEL December 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

December Updated:

Trailboss123 +2 @ Suites Colonial and Blue XT Sea Dec 21-30
Alan P +1 staying at Hotel Cozumel December 20th-27 and diving with Tres Pelicanos
Deepsea21+1 / Casa Mexicana / Tres Pelicanos / Dec 8 - 24
Mikeycanuk, wife and teenage son -Residencias Reef/Aldora/Dec24-Jan4
Shadling + wife & son/Sabor/Aldora/Dec 22-Jan 6
Jay and Cheryl. Nov 7 - Dec 12 - Villa Las Anclas - Tres Pelicanos
DiverN2H2O will arrive with DW 12/2 depart 3/15 staying at Villas Faro diving will be with mixed operators.

December Updated:

Trailboss123 +2 @ Suites Colonial and Blue XT Sea Dec 21-30
Alan P +1 staying at Hotel Cozumel December 20th-27 and diving with Tres Pelicanos
Deepsea21+1 / Casa Mexicana / Tres Pelicanos / Dec 8 - 24
Mikeycanuk, wife and teenage son -Residencias Reef/Aldora/Dec24-Jan4
Shadling + wife & son/Sabor/Aldora/Dec 22-Jan 6
Jay and Cheryl. Nov 7 - Dec 12 - Villa Las Anclas - Tres Pelicanos
DiverN2H2O will arrive with DW 12/2 depart 3/15 staying at Villas Faro diving will be with mixed operators.

Hi if you want to go to Cathedral or any deep dive you can contact me, we are a new Dive Center, but with a lot of experience www.diveincozumel.com.mx
we have our own boat, 2 instructors From PADI, as well Dive Masters ... love to have with us.

mgreider + wife Dec 24-Jan2, Residencias Reef, Liquid Blue

Hi if you want to go to Cathedral or any deep dive you can contact me, we are a new Dive Center, but with a lot of experience www.diveincozumel.com.mx
we have our own boat, 2 instructors From PADI, as well Dive Masters ... love to have with us.

Thanks for the ad. Please give us more information about your operation. Are you a legally authorized operation in Cozumel? Permitted with the marine park? Have insurance and safety procedures? Member of ANOATT Cozumel?

Have insurance

From what I understand, Mexican businesses aren't required to carry liability insurance and, as a result, pretty much none do. Different culture... Mexican Judges detest individuals and businesses suing each other and expect the parties to settle matters equitably among themselves. Unless it is a criminal offence, judges don't want their courts tied up with such suits.

IMG_1489.JPG

From what I understand, Mexican businesses aren't required to carry liability insurance and, as a result, pretty much none do. Different culture... Mexican Judges detest individuals and businesses suing each other and expect the parties to settle matters equitably among themselves. Unless it is a criminal offence, judges don't want their courts tied up with such suits.

Thanks for enlightening me. I guess my point was that it's important that divers consider the reputability of a dive op before considering diving with them. These are all important questions that every diver should consider in CZM, or anywhere else.

In response to the many questions over the years, "How do we know if our boat/operator is legal?" Here is the best way to check.

Here is a link to the official list from the marine park of boats with authorization to work inside of the marine park.

A boat with marine park permits also means that the owner/operator is operating with proper business licenses, insurance, passed inspection at the time of inspection (once a year), has a licensed captain/crew.

Embarcaciones autorizadas dentro del Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel

This list was last updated April 16, 2018 and is updated anytime new permits are granted - which is only via transfer from another boat. A current list also hangs in the lobby of the marine park offices for the public.

So...is Coral Reef Dive Center legal or not? I could not find the name of their boat on their website, is it the Coral Diver?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom