Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trip Report:

Summersville Lake was great today. 74F with no noticeable thermocline down to about 50' and 10-15 foot vis. We missed all you guys. Maybe next time.

Glad to hear you got in some good diving on Saturday, sorry I couldn't make it. I had a Trail run on Saturday and the Greg had a gigi that night in Beckley so we were packed. I'm glad you had a good day though. Hope to se eyou guys soon.

P

Hi! I'm Daehag in Springfield, VA.

I thought, I post this thread already,but I didn't.:11:

I quit diving early this year, but I realize I couldn't live without getting wet. So, I'm back to diving, and want to meet more buddies.

All my diving buddies seems like moved out from VA area. I need regular dive buddy for my Local, and FL dive. Normally I've been diving in Millbrook, because of short distance and cheap cost. When I ready for trip, I go Northern Florida.

After not getting wet for months, all my sense of diving and skills seems like really rust. I need more diving to rebuild all level of my diving.

Hope to see you guys at Millbrook!

Daehag.

Welcome aboard Deahag. Sorry your a little far from me to be a regular buddy but we may run into each other somewhere. I will be at Lake Rawlings in Oct.

Welcome aboard Deahag. Sorry your a little far from me to be a regular buddy but we may run into each other somewhere. I will be at Lake Rawlings in Oct.

Hi! WVDiver,

I might be there in Oct. If we can meet or even dive together, It'll be great.

Thanks,

Daehag.

I hail from Annapolis / Balto area. I'm glad to see some activity on this link. I have seen and heard about Mt. Storm. The other lake is new to me. Is there an area to get fills near either? Is it a camping type dive trip or motel? I am trying to check it out and take a look around. Its been on my todo list for a while. What is the temperature during the year. I was thinking a early november time frame. What is the typical temps to plan for at Mt Storm? 3 mil or 7?

I dive regularly and have a recent trips to NC at Morehead City and south florida. NC was Best shark experience yet, U352 all good and no wetsuit. Great pics. (I would post them but I still am not sure how) I also organize a not for profit trip to Bonaire if anyone wants to dive to their hearts content. Next Junes trip is very economical and complete ($1475). We posted our pics on Default page for Bonaire 2007 tr if you are curious. The webmaster likes to have fun. If you are interested send me a email and I will send the flier.
DP

DP, Mt Storm is either. There are motels and camping nearby(10-15 miles or so). The motel I use is the Mountaineer. Not the ritz but clean and cheap. 44 bucks a night for two including tax. Diver rate. There are no air fills nearby. Bring what you will need. Closest fills are two hours away unless Joe from scuba ventures is having a class there. His trailer will be parked on the road to the lake. He is not always there so don't count on it. As for temps it could be from 60 degrees to 80 depending on if the power plant has maintenance going on, air temps, etc. In November I bring my drysuit, 5 mil, and a polartech(equiv to 3 mil) and dive whatever it calls for. The weather though is a big factor. I've been down in November and had 70 degree air temps on Saturday and snow on sunday, literally! Best thing to do is watch this forum, the weather channel.com for Mt Storm, and then roll some dice and sacrifice a chicken. All will get you about the same results from one weekend to the next once it gets to be mid october or so until mid april. Have fun and enjoy. If you like PM me for my cell when yu think you'll be going and I can try to get you up to date info. I usually know someone who is going down every weekend.

We are planning a trip to Mt Storm this coming weekend. Haven't pinned down which day yet, I'll post when we have.

I've got some camping and diving activities for the next several weeks until Nov. I will see if I can get there early Nov and hookup with someone then.
Sacrifice the chicken. Sounds better than my weather rock.
DP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom