Rolling gear box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustJoe-TX

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Having just returned to diving after a few years, I found the need to store my gear in a manner that keeps it safe, dry, and away from the critters who may like to use my wetsuit as nesting material. Before I sold my old gear (about 13 years ago) I had this HUGE backpack that held everything except the tank. It was quite cumbersome and highly inefficient and very obvious as to what was inside of it. This time around I needed a safe rolling container that would keep my gear safe and have the added benefit of being less obvious so I went on the hunt. Dive shops had some great offerings ranging in price from $50 to $200 with fancy names scrawled across their sides. Mares makes a solid box ($$) and so does Scubapro ($$$), but none of the boxes I found met the requirement of subtlety I was looking for. Along comes Sterilite to the rescue! Wal-Mart has a rolling Sterilite box with a capacity of 40 Gal. for just over $20. Compared to the Mares at $80 and the Scubapro Porter Gear Bag at $180, this was a steal. The link is below if you are interested.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-40-Gallon-Wheeled-Industrial-Tote-Black/48194359

Remember to dry you gear before you store it - no one likes a funky smelling diver.

I have on of these and they work well but are BIG. They are available at HomeDepot and other places for $70 -- $80.

50 Gallon Mobile Tool Chest - 037025H | STANLEY Tools

This is what our local fire department uses and it works great. I have the one from Wally World and it works too, but I'd rather have gotten the Stanley box. It is definitely in my future. It's big as claymore mentioned but effective.

Back
Top Bottom