Romblon, Philippines - any feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike_Kiev

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all!
Planning our spring vacations and interesting in new places. Just found some information about Romblon.
Is anybody was there? Any feedbacks, please?
Interesting not only in diving information)

been there a couple of years ago for 5 days. In the center held by three German/philippinos. Great place, great team, great diving. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE REALLY INTERESTED IN small rare critters.

Hello.
Thank you for your answer!
I understand that it is muck diving place)
Is it possible to do something else there (stay on the beach, have some excursions)? Some people in our group are non-divers.

I have been there 2 times , it really is a macro or even a micro destination , 3P's are a great outfit and you will have long divetimes. There isn't much to do . a couple of sidetrips to the marble shop etc. Romblon Town is quite near but not a tourist orientated village , everything was closing at 9 PM , Realy nice beaches available but you will be the only one there !
Frank

Same observation, as Frank. I have seen "non divers" in 3P. They stayed for a few days visiting but the place is quite poor

If the divers love macro and long dives they should be pleased. It's the one place in the world known to have consistent Melibe Colemani nudibranch sightings also known as the Ghost nudibranch. They also have lots of butterfly nudibranchs.
For non divers not much to do besides take some trips to local beaches which there are some nice ones. The resort itself is protected by mangroves so not really a beach there. The food last year was good but it's chefs choice, whatever the German expat chef liked in the market was what was for dinner, but it was good!
The only way to get there is by overnight ferry, but you can get a room and get some sleep or stay up late drink and watch the karaoke show.
3Ps is really your only choice but it's well run by the 3P brothers. It can be hard to get a open booking so plan ahead.

Thank you all for getting me so detailed information!!!
It will help me to make a decision for sure)

there are some freelance dive operators, one swiss guy in the south of the island with a great house reef and french guy halfway from romblon town to 3P resort. Good macro around, healthy reefs around Cobrador island. Stayed for 10 days in Romblon.

Probably to late for the OP, but a new option is Romblon Fun Divers.

I met Ronny, the owner, a number of years ago before he set up Submariner Diving in Palawn. He is a good guy and I hope to drop in to his new shop one day. In addition to diving he does island hopping tours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom