Rosalie Moller Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pepijn

New
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
I was hoping one of you could help me with the following questions about the Rosalie Moller and in particular in relation to the engine room. My main questions are, what is the minimum depth to get to the engine room (online info is 46m, but is this really the minimum?) and what precautions should one take to safely visit the engine room? How open is it etc? I am aware that a fatality took place in the engine room, but I have no idea whether the engine room can be entered to some extent without really entering an overhead environment.

Any info would be gratefully appreciated!

Best wishes,

Pepijn

Engine room is two stories down from the deck and requires you to navigate through quite convoluted and somewhat tight gangway and it is a very much an overhead. I remember it being quite intimidating. There's silt in engine room. It's solid 45m as well. Deck is 36m or so.

Thanks for your quick reply Lobstah!
I was just reading about the RM and the life lost on it. Has anyone come across the plaque? And if so, any idea where it can be found?

Many thanks,

Pepijn

Agree with the above, the RM is quite a dark and "green" dive when compared to other nearby wrecks as well, add that to the silt and it can be quite a moody dive site even without penetration.

34-36 minimum to deck level, 42 or so to prop and as said, plan for 48 or so for engine room but its a proper overheard - you need proper equipment, line techniques and so on to attempt that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom