Rowley Shoals - advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Skiadopoulos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi guys,

I'm looking at going out to the Rowley shoals in Sept 2019 on the Ture North.

I'm mainly doing this trip for the diving, has anyone done this recently? If so how was the diving?

Regards
Nick

Look forward to the responses here if any, This must be one of the least talked about dive sites ever.

Look forward to the responses here if any, This must be one of the least talked about dive sites ever.
I totally agree..... I just booked a 5 night liveaboard. Love to hear people's experiences.

Hope you're on True North but I don't see you being disappointed with any of the ops would love to hear your feedback. - I responded and referred you to Linda on FB :)

Glad you're coming west - the more I dive here the more I'm starting to go...oh wow we got some cool stuff :wink: Edit - cos I got jealous I was looking around on YouTube and found this clip which is long but worth watching...especially potato cod love towards the end and the wheeee zoom zoom drifts and topography. Good idea of typical drift around 2.30s.

I went there about 10 years ago . The diving not as good as Raja Ampat or northern Fiji but definitely worth doing.It is a fantastic experience just being there and I would love to go again but it is very expensive. This is not surprising as it is 190 miles out from a remote part of Australia. One of the highlights for me was snorkelling down the channels from the lagoon to the outer edge of the atoll. The current is seriously fast and there is lots of life to look at. Having a couple of huge cod following you around like a puppy dog was pretty cool. If you have got the money definitely do it.

I went there about 10 years ago . The diving not as good as Raja Ampat or northern Fiji but definitely worth doing.It is a fantastic experience just being there and I would love to go again but it is very expensive. This is not surprising as it is 190 miles out from a remote part of Australia. One of the highlights for me was snorkelling down the channels from the lagoon to the outer edge of the atoll. The current is seriously fast and there is lots of life to look at. Having a couple of huge cod following you around like a puppy dog was pretty cool. If you have got the money definitely do it.

Thanks for the reply, I have booked the TrueNorth. Looking forward to the diving.

Where and what time of year, would you recommend to dive in north Fiji? I would need to find a resort to be based from as the wife doesn't dive nor does she enjoy boats.

Nick

I went about 3 years ago on "Odyssey" and had a great trip. The diving is very good (not the best I've done, but very good) but for me one of the highlights was the splendid isolation... 360 degrees of horizon. We were also lucky enough to see a Mama Humpback whale & her calf in one of the atolls. You should have a great trip :)

I went about 3 years ago on "Odyssey" and had a great trip. The diving is very good (not the best I've done, but very good) but for me one of the highlights was the splendid isolation... 360 degrees of horizon. We were also lucky enough to see a Mama Humpback whale & her calf in one of the atolls. You should have a great trip :)

Can I ask how many dives you were doing per day?

Back
Top Bottom