rubber plug on Sherwood 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

homerdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0397.jpg

I bought a used sherwood first and second stage at the dive shop. I needed to replace an ancient scuba pro on my Hooka rig. I was surprised when I found a rubber plug over a hole. The hole doesn't have any threads either. Any idea what it is? Okay to use as is? It breaths okay, and I suppose no issue since it is a hooka rig and will stay topside, but I have never seen a hole on a 1st stage that only has a rubber plug vs a threaded screw

Thanks.

Could it be a anchor point for disassembling ? The rubber plug just to avoid dirty or any other things going inside and start corrosion.
If it is not threaded I suppose it is a blind hole.

Do not remove the plug under any circumstances. It is the dry bleed system and is required for the regulator to work. If removed, they are almost impossible to replace correctly. Might as well throw it away.

well good, I popped it out and it popped right back in so I guess I am okay. the ancient scuba pro was just a greek tragedy from years and years of living at the lake. I did save it as a back-up however.

thanks for the replies

SP has only been around since the 1960ies-therefore cannot be ancient. :-D

I've been around since the '60s and I am ancient.

I've been around since the '60s and I am ancient.

It is an ancient Mariner,
And he stoppeth one of three.
"By thy long gray beard and glittering eye,
Now wherefore stopp'st thou me?"

S.T. Coleridge

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom