Rules for the Scuba board Fitness Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is a health snack thats pretty easy and tasty. mix 3 tablespoons of strawberry protein powder with 2 tablespoons non fat yogurt and 2 teaspoons ground almonds or walnuts. if its too thick for ya, add A LITTLE water. stir, serve as a dip with sliced apples. tasty treat.

chickdiver:
Increasing your fiber intake will help a lot- also, adding a little fat back in will take the edge off and make you feel "full" longer. Apple slices with some peanut butter (about 2 tablespoons) is a great snack. Also, you might try increasing your meals from 3 a day to 5 smaller meals spaced out evenly throughout the day (this helps keep your blood sugar and insulin levels more even) - though you aren't eating more food- it feels like you are!

FYI- I am kind of a diet and excercise freak- I've struggled with my weight for years (still want to drop 30lbs)- and I've learned what works for me.

Hope this helps.
I use saflower oil as a fat. high in anti oxidants and light in flavor. Bodies got have some fat!

Natasha:
Joe:
Help! I have been to two stores and can't find those Stella Dorra cookies.

More later..

I have seen Stella Dora in three sections: near the teas and coffees, in the cookie isle, or near the crackers. I have seen them in Shoprite, Acme, Genauardis, Super G-- don't know if anyone of these is in the heart of texas :wink: When in doubt, ask at the customer service desk. They might be able to order some for you.

If anyone is having a problem with drinking the water, accessories are everything. These bottles are floating around like crazy here. You can get them in a variety of colors. You can find them in wallmart or traget as well. They do not retain the flavor of watever you put in it. If you order online you can get a narrow mouth or wide mouth. WIth the widemouth you can put ice cubes easily into it. You can freeze these, nuke them, or wash them on the top rack of the dishwasher. I highly recommend them. Both my wife and I take them everywhere. There is one problem with the large mnouth bottles.... it tends to spill. They do have an accessory thet prevents this. Unfortunately these do not fit all of the large mouth bottles.

Today, walked for thirty minutes going to and from the train station. I try not to take the bus even when it it raining.

Food went well. No complaining there. I try not to use flex points or activity points if I can.

Water is my biggest hurdle. I just can't seem to get the stuff down - even when I feel thirsty. Thanks for the link Joe I'm going to see if one of those helps. Got a Dive Trip coming up the end of May gotta get hydrated for it.

I have done real well in the food area - but the gym and exercise has had to take a back seat the last 2 days - I'm taking the Red Cross' WSI course - one of these days I'm going to realize I'm to old for this, but until then

Good Luck everyone - keep up the good work
Becky

It was Beer Society meeting day at the Black Forest Brewery here in Frankenmuth.

I had stayed right on the diet all week so far, plenty of water, got to the gym a couple times and was feeling good. Stayed on the diet all day yesterday before the meeting, and then after drinking my first microbrewed beer (which had the same amount of carbs as a LOAF of bread) they started the meeting and sat in front of us, chicken wings, huge salted soft pretzels and chips and salsa. Well I began to dig in, and ate a bit of all of it, including a pretzel and a half! Woke in the middle of the night, parched, dry from all the salt and dehydrated from the beer and stuff. Got up, two large glasses of water, and a couple Tylenol and crawled back in bed. I must have consumed 1000 extra calories last night, and then SLEPT it off, and skipped the gym this morning.

So, it was BACK on the diet this morning, regular breakfast of a 3/4 cup of redberries cereal, skim milk, 1/2 a banana and decaf coffee and a health lunch in the bag, with lots of water planned of for today.

Easter dinner will do some damage this weekend, and NEXT weekend we are doing a diving weekend at Gilboa quarry with lots of goodies and beer, and even a potluck on Saturday afternoon. Amy is even planning on doing FRESH DONUTS for Sunday morning. So my diet isn't going anywhere for the next two weekends.

Maybe if I diet hard on during the week, I'll still show a loss after a weekend of 'diet abuse'?????????

Scuba_Jenny:
Then did some stretches and tried the situps again. What a joke! The rate I am going, I should be able to do 1 by next week!
Jen, do you have one of those crunch frame things (i cant recall the brand names) - they do make sit-ups easier. With one of those i could do about 2-300 sit-ups, on the floor i can only do about 50 before my abs start hurting. We also have a machine at the gym which you sit in front of, rest your arms on a bar about chest height and then crunch down to pull your chin/chest towards your knees, crunchin this bar (attached to weights for resistance) down.

So last night i stayed in work late, went to church and by the time i got home there was little light or time to think about exercise - so i was a good armchair athelete watching the stanley cup playoffs with my roommates!!! So instead i made it up early this morning with a 3 mile jog (30 mins of nasty FL sweaty humid morning!) - will try either weights at the gym, raquetball or yoga ball (i know very girly) tonight. Then try again to get up early tomorrow for something (either weights or cardio depending which i do tonight) - but i am starting to get over the hour change now.

I fell off the bike yesterday, but I tried to make up for by running instead. Darn near killed myself! Jogging shoes should come with a warning label:

"The Supreme Cardioguru has determined that the use of jogging shoes could be hazardous to your health. Street trials have shown that overweight individuals have a higher risk of heart attack when they wear jogging shoes."

Chris

Opps, didnt get to the gym last night, lets try again tonight to catch up!

Well- lifted last night, but didn't make my cardio (legs cramping from lifting)... soooo I got up this AM and went before work. Total for the week:

200 minutes of cardio with an RPE 3-4
4 strength training sessions

and I'm off to teach cavern this weekend, which should be considered an endurance event! (4-5 solid hours in a drysuit. 6 dives... all in one day...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom