Rumor of airplane in John's Pond Mashpee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdelprete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Rumors say that John's Pond in Mashpee covers some 317 acres and at the northern end of the pond (the side adjacent to the parking area), some divers claim that there is a military airplane on the bottom.

Anyone ever dive this freshwater pond and run across anything???

Jim

I checked out Mass Wildlife's pond map and information, and it says that due to close proximity to Otis air base, there has been an ongoing effort to monitor for contamination, although as of the date of the report none had been found. I'd tend to think that if a military plane had crashed into the pond, that would not be the case. I'd also think that there might have been something in the news about it... it's in a residential neighborhood, and it seems unlikely that that would have gone unnoticed.

its a government coverup
theres also a UFO with the remains of little green men onboard as well

Diesel298:
its a government coverup
theres also a UFO with the remains of little green men onboard as well

You know too much! *grabs a cloth and a bottle of chloroform*

I used to live in Falmouth and there were rumors for years about that plane. I didn't dive then but heard about it many times from fisherman friends. Could be just a local "urban myth." It sure would be cool. From what I remember, it's suposed to be fifty plus years old, we're not talking about an F16.

I have a house in Marston's Mills so maybe we could arrange a NELD exploration trip this summer :D

decapoddiver:
I have a house in Marston's Mills so maybe we could arrange a NELD exploration trip this summer :D

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Back
Top Bottom