Russian drifted for two days in 8°C/46°F degree waters - Sea of Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you watch the video?

Yes, I did and I don't understand the extra material but most especially the point of tying it the way the explainer did. Perhaps if I spoke Russian

Yes, I did and I don't understand the extra material but most especially the point of tying it the way the explainer did. Perhaps if I spoke Russian
I believe that the part that got tied up is an entry sleeve. I believe that the entry sleeve seals up kind of the same way that a dry bag seals. Then it is tucked inside the regular non-waterproof zipper, just to keep the seal out of harm's way.

This video is interesting and briefly touches on the original zero drysuit with the tunnel entry, their next model with the rear shoulder zipper, and this current model with a front chest zipper like the whites drysuit.

This video is interesting and briefly touches on the original zero drysuit with the tunnel entry, their next model with the rear shoulder zipper, and this current model with a front chest zipper like the whites drysuit.

I can't figure out the pee zipper. Lol

The hood choices, wow. No. 2 looks like a pumpkin and No. 3, I have no idea what to make of that.

I'll hold my comments on the model divers (as in they are models not as in they are divers)

I don’t think p zipper is for underwater use. I liked the video game sound effects and the synthesized guitar rock for a 2014 video.

I don’t think p zipper is for underwater use. . . .

Doh!:facepalm:

Zero has no Zipper. It use tube, sealed by rubber strap.
It more simple, cheap and durable, than zipper.

@chillyinCanada - speaker just talking the same, as you can see on video. How to seal the tube. He just repeat in words same as he doing in hands.
btw - when I uploaded it, I had no sound at this time :) because video was enough.

- here you can see same for Russian commercial or military dry suits UGK-1.
Only difference - it has solid (not foamed) matherial for tube (they call it appendix), and require over 7 turns of rubber strap for sealing.

BTW: most popular and most used space scaphandre (space suit) Sokol use same sealing method :) tube and rubber starp :)
bf8f9c3bdd0ce5d210c75f7f9723bcf3.jpg

4869505412.jpg

c48702f657631cb908f976ad6e587dce.jpg

e14c4bd96878e03ae4bd7118884d9a8b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom