Russians at Blue Angel.... what's up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just got back from our nth Blue Angel stay, still love that place, and now they have a house cat Bagheera! Playful and friendly.

We were there 12 nights, and i'd say on maybe three or four of the days, there was a group of what sounded to be Russians (or a similar language, I took some in college and remember very little). They'd set up camp at the edge of the downstairs lobby and on the lawn, smoke like freaking chimneys and just drink all day. Then they'd be gone (thank goodness, I've been places with partying Russians, not my scene). They were all in their mid 20s. Couldn't have been a coincidence that there'd be so many groups of them, or maybe they just go hotel to hotel (that has access) and hang out?

Just got back from our nth Blue Angel stay, still love that place, and now they have a house cat Bagheera! Playful and friendly.

We were there 12 nights, and i'd say on maybe three or four of the days, there was a group of what sounded to be Russians (or a similar language, I took some in college and remember very little). They'd set up camp at the edge of the downstairs lobby and on the lawn, smoke like freaking chimneys and just drink all day. Then they'd be gone (thank goodness, I've been places with partying Russians, not my scene). They were all in their mid 20s. Couldn't have been a coincidence that there'd be so many groups of them, or maybe they just go hotel to hotel (that has access) and hang out?
So if it had been gringos or Canadians would you feel the same? Im not in the party scene either and don't stay at hotels anymore at all. Your a visitor too that country. I have met people from all over the world in Cozumel . I wonder if they post whats up with all the gringos. Lots of stupid drunk people In Cozumel (insert nationality).

PS. By far the rudest drunkest most disrespectful people I see are americans. IMHO. I stay with the locals and have more than once yelled at a gringo for being disrespectful to locals.Never seen any other nationality do that there.

Not sure the point of your post other than to point out that I am potentially an ... what, anti-Muscovite? Thanks for the high and mighty morality lesson LOL

anyhoo.,...to your specific question.

Yeah, would have felt exactly the same (but thanks for the silly assumption otherwise). This was our 5th or 6th trip to BA (and I've been to 30 + countries so I know just a little about travel... thanks for the "tips" about how to act in a foreign country!!! :giggle:). We like BA because it caters to divers, not the Senor Frogs party scene. Have you ever been to BA?

Yes, I would wonder why and how groups of 20 something year olds that sit and drink and smoke all day - as opposed to diving, which is really what BA is all about - gravitated to a place like BA. And it was more than a one off, it was 3 or 4 (may have been more) days. This would be true if they were American, Colombian, or German, or British, or.... . I'd say the same thing regardless of nationality.

I agree with you re drunk norte americanos, walking by Senor Frogs is both embarrassing (for them) and amusing (to me). But as mentioned Blue Angel isn't the party scene.

So, with that, and hopefully I've explained myself to your satisfaction, do you have an actual response as to why that particular crowd gravitated to a location like that? Or just more judgment?

Yes I have stayed at BA. if your such a good customer of BA did you ask Eva if that's what BA is now? Or you just come on here . Its a hotel other people will be there. As far as being a muscovite why did you specifically say "Russian" instead of group of drunk tourists. Is the divemaster interns still using BA facilities, business is business. People didn't like them being around either . That's why I found other places to stay. But my not staying there didn't effect them a bit as yours wont either. Get a private condo next time. I got a nice apartment 2 blocks from BA $900 for a month. No drunks except me

LOL. You must have a great view from your pedestal!

[Speaking of language, is that english cuz I understood maybe half of what you wrote]

My pedestal? Lol your the one on here that complains about other tourists at your " private hotel" . Pelena.

upload_2016-12-7_15-56-11.png

Back
Top Bottom