Rusting around Predator screen screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antagonist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have some rust inside some of the screws on my plastic screen. What should I do? Send it to shearwater for maintenance?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 223
Hi, this is just a cosmetic issue and nothing to worry about. It could be caused by contamination by iron filings from the tool bit. If you dive in salt water and don't regularly rinse in fresh after wards, rust will form.

Lynn

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 12:24 PM ----------

Hi Antagonist,

One of our engineers noticed that your faceplate shows signs of cracking. That is something that does need attention before it becomes serious. Please send us an email at info at shearwaterresearch dot com. We will put you in touch with the nearest service center so that we can take care of this. We can replace the rusted screws at that time too.

Lynn

Thank you! I sent a email today about it

Ryan

Hi, this is just a cosmetic issue and nothing to worry about. It could be caused by contamination by iron filings from the tool bit. If you dive in salt water and don't regularly rinse in fresh after wards, rust will form.

Lynn

---------- Post added May 15th, 2014 at 12:24 PM ----------

Hi Antagonist,

One of our engineers noticed that your faceplate shows signs of cracking. That is something that does need attention before it becomes serious. Please send us an email at info at shearwaterresearch dot com. We will put you in touch with the nearest service center so that we can take care of this. We can replace the rusted screws at that time too.

Lynn

Ya just gotta love manufacturers that take care of ya like this !!!

Kudos Shearwater.

Ya just gotta love manufacturers that take care of ya like this !!!

Kudos Shearwater.

I was just going to say that... Amazing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom