RX100ii in the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was on the Red Sea Aggressor trip in April 12-19 (it was not actually on the Aggressor boat, but never mind that). It was my first foray into UW photography. I was using a Sony RX100ii in a Nauticam housing, and most pics were taken with two Inon Z-240. Every pic was taken with the Inon WA wet lens + dome. I'll add to this as I process more pics. Feel free to comment / criticize.

Soft corals:

DSC00164a-L.jpg

DSC00218a-L.jpg

Anthias everywhere....

DSC00180a-L.jpg

DSC00233a-L.jpg

DSC00542a-L.jpg

Hard corals too

DSC00547a-L.jpg

Overhang & structures

DSC00318a-L.jpg

DSC00413a-L.jpg

Numidia or Adia wreck, not sure...

DSC00384a-L.jpg

DSC00327a-L.jpg

Very good start for a person who has not taken pictures in water previously.
I believe the CFWA reef shots are better than the wrecks, you had a bit of backlitexposure there and you should NOT change the white balance in lightroom with the white balance picker otherwise you get the purple tint that your pictures seem to have.

Fill the frame and you shall receive great rewards! The reef scenes with the anthias are terrific. I can't get enough of those colors.

This could be my monitor but it looks like the strobe lighting is a bit on the harsh side. Some adjustments to the highlight curves would be my suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback. Post processing is hard. It's not so much executing on a plan (using Photoshop), it's having a good vision for the picture. You can't learn that from books.

Yes, I find it hard to control the light on the strobes. The 2nd pic above is overexposed, I should redo the post processing and lower the highlights.

I have a few more wide scenes with anthias. I'll post them as I process them. In the meantime...

Manta on her way out. It's faster than it looks.
DSC00483a-L.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom