RX100V in manual mode (Av/Tv)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npole

Contributor
Reaction score
I own a housing with no access to the rear control wheel rotation, as some of you know already, that wheel is used to control the shutter speed while in manual mode and the front wheel (the only one accessible) is used to control the aperture.
To assign the shutter speed to the front wheel, you need to use the menus, really not practical while shooting.
Is there a way to use the front wheel in manual mode to control both the aperture and shutter speed in a faster way? The down button on the rear wheel unfortunately switches the modes on the rear wheel itself.. it would be great if switching it up would have changed the front wheel as well. :(
Any tips?

You might try posting your question on dpreview.com in the Cyber-shot forum.

I don’t have my RX with me and I have the 4 with access to all my controls, thinking the 5 might be the same. However, I believe I have it set up so that I toggle between shutter and aperture by using the down button and then once it’s selected I use the left and right arrows to select what I want and not the dial. I’ve been using this camera for a while and most recently on a month long trip and I feel like that’s what muscle memory is telling me but I’m not 100% positive. I’ll be back with my camera tomorrow night and can confirm then....

I don’t have my RX with me and I have the 4 with access to all my controls, thinking the 5 might be the same. However, I believe I have it set up so that I toggle between shutter and aperture by using the down button and then once it’s selected I use the left and right arrows to select what I want and not the dial. I’ve been using this camera for a while and most recently on a month long trip and I feel like that’s what muscle memory is telling me but I’m not 100% positive. I’ll be back with my camera tomorrow night and can confirm then....

I think that's about the exposure and flash compensation. AFAIK there's no way to use the arrows to change the other values. Lemme know if you find something. Tnx!

Sell the housing and get the new SeaFrogs one? It's by far the least expensive RX100 series housing with all the controls exposed.

That's not a bad idea.. the Salted Line yes?

I can't find the black one, and the white one doesn't suit my darkish style. :)
I'll wait for a restock.. if there'll be one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom