?s on your club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where do you guys dive at during the summer months. I am looking for a club to join in the area. Is it possible to come to a meeting and see what you are about?

We dive at lots of local lakes including Baptist Lake, Lake 16, Jordan Lake and Gull Lake on a rotating schedule every Sunday at 2pm starting in May. We also have a group that dives every Thursday night at 6pm starting in April and its call the Thursday night shuffle because the divers who show up pick the next weeks dive location. We have weekend trips to Traverse City, Gilboa Quarry, Haigh Quarry and Portage Quarry in the summer. We also sponsor one charter as well as a list of charters being hosted by our sponsors. There are plenty of opportunities to get in the water. We have monthly meetings with the last one being in April at Sam's Joint in Kentwood. You do not have to be a member to attend the meeting and we encourage you to come out and meet some of the people. You can find more info at Grand Rapids Scuba Club or find us on facebook as well as here on scubaboard.com. If you have any more questions let me know!!

Thanks
Mark

Sounds interesting i am going to try and make your next meeting. Thanks

Just thought of another question for you. My wife and i would like to come we have a 3 year old but really dont have anyone to watch him. would it be ok for us to bring him along. I know some clubs really frown on kids.

We actually have a meeting tonight at 7pm. The details can be found on our website. You are more than welcome to bring your children, this is a family oriented dive club.

I am not sure if i can make tonights we have to go to the other side of the state tomorrow and my wife has some stuff going on. I am going to try though

Thanks on bringing him. Glad it is a family group.

Would love to dive with your group sometime!
A good dive buddy of mine is a student in Grand Rapids and I visit now and then but I live within 20 minutes of Portage and Gilboa Quarries in Ohio. Would love to come up or meet up when you travel this way.
Ryan.

We dive at lots of local lakes including Baptist Lake, Lake 16, Jordan Lake and Gull Lake on a rotating schedule every Sunday at 2pm starting in May. We also have a group that dives every Thursday night at 6pm starting in April and its call the Thursday night shuffle because the divers who show up pick the next weeks dive location. We have weekend trips to Traverse City, Gilboa Quarry, Haigh Quarry and Portage Quarry in the summer. We also sponsor one charter as well as a list of charters being hosted by our sponsors. There are plenty of opportunities to get in the water. We have monthly meetings with the last one being in April at Sam's Joint in Kentwood. You do not have to be a member to attend the meeting and we encourage you to come out and meet some of the people. You can find more info at Grand Rapids Scuba Club or find us on facebook as well as here on scubaboard.com. If you have any more questions let me know!!

Thanks
Mark

NWOhio - If you are ever up this way and we are diving send us an email and maybe you could join us. We have a weekend scheduled at both Gilboa and Portage quarries this coming summer. Keep an eye on our website for more details.

My wifes family is inb the monclova area down there. We come down during the summer to visit and usually hit gilboa or portage when we are down there. I can let you know when i am coming down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom