s550 to s600 upgrade parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kupu

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What parts are needed to upgrade a Scubapro s550 to s600? It would be nice to have the control knob to adjust inhalation effort. I saw a control knob upgrade kit (11-500-050) for the g500 on ebay and wondered if that would work?

I used to have problems with the second stage slightly free flowing soon after service, which is what initially got me wanting the control knob. That is no longer an issue since I learned a bit about regulator servicing, and just detune the 2nd stage to fix the problem. It's not worth spending the money to have a shop do the upgrade, but if I could find the parts it would be a nice DIY project.

The G500 preceded the S600 and the G500 upgrade is for the balance chamber, not the adustment knob. Personally I like the G500 better than the S600 so if I had one I;d leave it alone.

The S555 could be upgraded to an S600, you just need the parts for the adjustment knob/balance chamber.

The good news is that the housing (air barrel) is the same. but everything south of the poppet has to change to convert to an S600. PM sent. I suspect the G500 upgrade kit would get you started with the current balance chamber parts. Then you would just need the knob & plug.

BTW, I just looked at ebay and that upgrade kit is for the VIVA knob, not the breathing resistance knob, so it will not help.

Are you saying the S550 does not allow for the adjustment knob upgrade, only the S555 can have the adjusment knob added? I am not sure of the difference between the S550 and S555. Here is a picture of the kit I saw for sale. I did not really expect it would allow me to upgrade my S550, but was curious what the parts number is, if it can be done.
G500UpgradeKit1.jpg

I would like to get my hands on a G500, they don't seem to show up on ebay very often.

Thanks to both of you for the info. Puts me on the right track. My last post is mostly redundant now, I wondered why the VIVA vane was a part of that kit. Now I know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom