SA/Mozambique in Feb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not wanted to comment on this post till now, I see that one of the OP's original posts has been deleted.

I last dived Morrungulo in 2007, we camped so I cannot really complain about the accommodation.

I happen to know the operator there, the boat they have is relatively new. If there was a problem with the motor it was certainly not because they have old equipment. Being in such a remote place you carry as many spares as you can afford to or would reasonably expexct to wear out. If it is something else then it is the looong trip down to Maputo. Just one of the risks of running an operation in a remote place. You cannot be expected to carry spares for every single part of the boat motors - may just as well have a spare motor in the first place - which will also take some time to swap out.

The only access road to Morrungulo is a dirt road. The authorities try to maintain it whenever they can, if you happen to drive it just after a rainstorm then it will certainly be in poor condition, as we found out. It was only just driveable in a 4x4 when we arrived, a week later it was perfectly driveable in a sedan.

As for attaching some sort of shade to RIB? Ever tried to keep one in place given that you are trying to attach one to an inflatable pontoon and the strength that the wind can get up to in Moz? I know that down here they are not popular for that very reason, those that I have seen appear to be very flimsy indeed.

Glad to see Thumper had a good trip. If I go to Inhambane I try to stay for longer than a week to increace my chances of seeing Mantas and Whalesharks which as correctly stated is the main attraction.

Here are some pics from Morrungulo - not my best effort, I did miss some dives owing to someone messing me around (not the dive operator)

Morrungulo 2007 - a set on Flickr

Same trip, but from Tofo (Inhambane)

Tofo 2007 - a set on Flickr

Perhaps the OP has been spoiled by his Red Sea experience - I have been there 3 times so I do know what it has to offer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom