Sad day for Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you asking for help in learning how to do your own aquarium collecting?
Ha. No. I'm trying to understand the actual logistics of fish collecting, and what a reasonable expectation would be for a single dive between 3 individuals.

I have done dives with rec collectors. Not unheard of for them to get a half dozen or more of fish for their tanks in a single dive.

You're not trying to suggest that the aquarium would go to all that expense and effort to film a lie, are you?
If that's what it costs, sure. More likely the poor guy being filmed didn't know it was a lie and just believed what he had been told by all the CYA folks involved.

More likely the poor guy being filmed didn't know it was a lie and just believed what he had been told by all the CYA folks involved.
I agree. I think he was told what was a) planned and b) what the grad students wanted him to know (to keep the heat off themselves), and he was put in an awkward position. Nonetheless, Moody has put itself in a compromising position with their 'rebuttal', which appears to be at variance with the facts.

If that's what it costs, sure. More likely the poor guy being filmed didn't know it was a lie and just believed what he had been told by all the CYA folks involved.
Interesting take on it. My assumption was that he was deliberately lying in an attempt to muddy the waters on social media. Does the general have a reputation for honesty in addition to his reputation for selling high priced car insurance?

Interesting take on it. My assumption was that he was deliberately lying in an attempt to muddy the waters on social media. Does the general have a reputation for honesty in addition to his reputation for selling high priced car insurance?
Well, having known a lot of grad students and a lot of generals, I'm going with CYA at the student level.

With a hefty dose of Plausible Deniability.

@Scuba_Jenny,

I'm not a Florida resident so my approaching your legislators doesn't have the same impact.

Do you know who the best tourism contact is for WPB? I would like to voice my displeasure and let them contact your legislators.

@Scuba_Jenny,

I'm not a Florida resident so my approaching your legislators doesn't have the same impact.

Do you know who the best tourism contact is for WPB? I would like to voice my displeasure and let them contact your legislators.
But you bring money into the state...if you continue to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom