Safely removing & replacing doubles in the water in a drysuit w. thick undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also thought at this scenario, as some of my dives are also solo with dry and doubles.
I would leave some weights mounted on pockets but available to be detached underwater. If you need to doff your rig, you can move some weights into the dry suit pockets before detaching the harness.
This is just something I thought of, not something I did, mainly because my solo dives are really easy, in places with no risk of entaglement.

What DD said for procedure. You may want to unhook your deflator too, then reattach when you've resolved the issue so you can get your rig away from you a little, and take the backup off from around your neck before you start.

I dive the same config you described and if I need to take my gear off that's what I do. I also make sure I vent the drysuit and inflate the wing more so the rig is neutral. It's not a rush, so I just take my time and execute smoothly.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom