Safety at Jakarta airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
86 days till our trip of a lifetime (or hopefully the 1st of many). We will arrive at 11:50 p.m. ( I hope) from ANA airlines, we depart for Sorong at 5:50 AM on Batik air. This will be after 30 hours in the air and 14 time zones so we may be a tad loopy......ok more than a tad. We plan to set a alarm on our phone just in case we fall asleep but is it safe? Will we awaken with no luggage, naked and taped to a chair?.... Ok just kidding about the tape. Should we snooze in shifts? Tie everything to our feet? Anything open 24/7? I think we have to take a bus between terminals? Confirm or deny? Any general tips or tricks of just advice about Jakarta airport? Bill

The airport is very safe. But are you sure you have anytime to snooze given your arrival and departure time? There is free monorail(Skytrain) as well as bus linking up all the terminals but not sure if it is operating at that time of the day.

I've done it. it being finding a spot to lay down and catch a wink. I had to catch a cab due to my inability to find the right terminal shuttle or it not running at night.
There are hotels very close by but if you arrive on time at 11:50 by the time you hit the street it will probably be 1:00am. At that time the line to catch a cab to a hotel still might be another half hour or longer.
Getting back from an airport hotel is quick usually just 15-30 min. That would leave you with enough time to grab a shower and lay down for a bit before heading back for your check in (at least an hour ahead) of your 5:50am flight which has a high chance of being on time since it's at the start of the day.
And at the terminal there will probably be a coffee shop open where you can buy some beverages and snack and use the wifi.

There’s a hotel in one of the terminals. May have been closed for awhile but now reopened.

Starbucks is open 24/7 inside the terminal. I have spent many a long layover in that Starbucks :p

I'd hit up one of the lounges! If your not a member, check into a one day pass.

We didn’t end up snoozing because we snoozed on the flight. We hung out at a restaurant that was open all night. We had some good Indo food. I arrived on ANA on the same flight and also departed on Batik on the same flight. The airport is quite safe.

Late night, or early day flights are common in Indonesia. Everyone sleeps in the airport, safely. ANA international flights arrives in Terminal 2. Batik domestic flights leave from either Terminal 1 or 2, depending on the destination. Ask twice upon arrival. If you get two difference answers, ask a third time.

Ask twice upon arrival. If you get two difference answers, ask a third time.

This is very good advice for travel in SE Asia for everything and so very true. LOL.

PS, @charlier....I’m going back to Indo and doing a tour of Indo diving next year. I’m super excited! :D

This is very good advice for travel in SE Asia for everything and so very true. LOL.

PS, @charlier....I’m going back to Indo and doing a tour of Indo diving next year. I’m super excited! :D
Sounds fantastic. Where will you visit? Yesterday, I just arrived in Singapore and will guide on a LOB @Komodo for the season, really excited.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom