Safety stops? you do um

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far, I have seen dolphins, sharks, turtles and eagle rays during safety stops (+all other cool reef fishies) :)
Why in the world would I skip them? :D

If you're doing a dive at 15' feet then essentially your whole dive is in the safety stop level anyway so there's no point in a safety stop. If I dive below the safety stop level then I'll do a safety stop all the time. Normally though, the last part of my dive is between 10 and 20 feet anyway so I just hang around there and look at stuff for a few minutes and head up.

The only time my buddy and I skip the stop is when we are diving to something less than 30ft, in which case we do a slow free ascent, or ascend along a wall (if the surroundings permit). A safety stop is what it says...a SAFETY stop...why not take the time to practice safe diving, check out some scenery, practice skills, communicate with your buddy, or do whatever. Safe diving to all

:lunch:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom