Sailing Holiday to Phuket, Ko Phi Phi area - Off the beaten track dive sites please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have rented a sailing catamaran in Thailand for a week over new year. We will be sailing from Phuket down to Ko Phi Phi and Ko Lanta. Two of us on board are experienced divers and will have gear on board.

Since we are under our own steam, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some "off the beaten track" dive sites where we could drop anchor nearby and explore by ourselves. I have dived a few times around Shark Point, Anemone Reef, Ko Dok Mai, King Cruiser Wreck, etc. We are looking to get away from the crowds and try and find some great dive sites. Both of us are advanced divers.

We will be starting off in Phuket and going to Northern Pha Nga bay, making our way north of Ko Yai Noi. Will go down the east side of Ko Yao Yai past Ko Hong (krabi) ,then around to Ao Nang and Railei Beach. From there all the way down to Ko Lanta and then up to Ko Phi Phi and back to Phuket.

I hear that Hin Daeng & Hin Muang are very good but I'm not sure whether we will be able to get that far South on this Trip.

If you dont want to give the details of your favorite seccret dive spots on a public forum. Please drop me an email, it would be much appreciated. marc.linnegar@gmail.com

Please also recommend your favorite spot around Ko Phi Phi. We can try and be the first one on the site in the morning before the crowds arrive :)

Many thanks
Marc

Make sure you include Koh Haa in your planning. And yes, if possible also Hin Daeng and Hin Muang, but Koh Haa is more on your route.

Any DC can sell you a book with a description and maps of the South Andaman divesites. Excellent book and will really help with divesite selection plus with your dive planning.

I love that book, Marc; it's got beautiful maps and excellent informatoin. It must be said, though, that the dive sites are actually the most-frequently-visited ones rather than off-the-beaten-track ones. Still, if you get to the dive sites early enough, you'll be by yourself since most daytrip boats don't even get to the sites before 9 or 10 a.m. Some liveaboards might be around, but there aren't so many of those in the southern Andaman.

Hey, Marc. I don't have anything for you, but my wife and I do what you are doing - combining sailing and diving. We're moving to Thailand and will be looking for trips like this. I'd appreciate details on your charter and review at the end. Thanks in advance, Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom