Salaries of non profit executives…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a State Representative from our area years ago. He said he didn't care what they paid him so long as they didn't mess with his expense account.

I don't know about Jim Elliott, but all the other figures quoted are BS. This false spam email has been going around for almost 10 years. That's not to say that the CEOs of various charities don't receive high salaries, or that Diveheart is not a worthy cause. It's just that I hate inaccuracy being spread.

Glad someone else is as skeptical about inaccuracies that are written/posted on social websites, like FaceBook, as me. The quotes that people attribute to political/famous people and/or the statistics people post is so crazy sometimes. Crazy to believe that people easily accept what they see and pass it along.

I guess it's the teacher (although retired) coming out in me when I would keep reminding students to check and recheck sources. Don't accept the first thing you see.

I find it amazing that the President of DiveHeart posts outdated and inaccurate names and dollar figures for non-profits (widely known and circulating for years) and then adds his name to the list to show he collects no salary. Clearly the point was to imply that since he collects no salary, DiveHeart is a "better" organization than the others on the list. When this nonsense is pointed out, he deletes critical posts and states his post was meant to "generate discussion".

I have no doubt DiveHeart does great things. They are very active in Atlanta. However, this is a terrible attempt to generate additional donations. Rather than post information about the great things DiveHeart does, he posts a widely known Internet falsehood and adds his name to the list. I don't have access to the 2014 990 for DiveHeart Foundation, but in 2013 the executive compensation to the President, Jim Elliot was $10,400, not $0. So even that part of the list is false...

Compensation of executives is not my deciding factor for donations...it is how much of the donations result in direct services to those the program should help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom