Sale on Cayman Airways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, I don't suppose they'll be running sales like that for trips next summer...:(

Dang, I don't suppose they'll be running sales like that for trips next summer...:(

We've already made our non-refundable air reservations for our fall trip to Cayman, at greater expense than this CA offer!

Cayman air runs announced sales a number of times a year and with patience and perseverance you can find bargains throughout the year. We have not paid more than $350 in our past trips between shopping CA and JetBlue. Flying from JFK.

You are lucky, I often see good prices advertised from NYC to GC. I am traveling from the Midwest and we often have to make a connection in Miami, or Charlotte, or Atlanta - and since we enjoy visiting the sister islands during our trips, that's another airfare and stop(s). Because we like to travel during the fall to celebrate our anniversary, there are fewer flights available.

In general I find airfares to GCM from Chicago cheaper than some other Caribbean destinations. For our upcoming trip, we were able to arrange a direct flight on UA from GCM to ORD for our return trip, but we will have to make a stop on the way down. The direct flight added a little expense but I think it is worth it. After a relaxing 2 week vacation, I would rather not spend many hours in airports trying to get home.

But if this CA special had been available when we were booking it would have been tempting, especially with the 2 free checked bags.

Last edited:
We are lucky as far as flights to GCM. There is a lot of competition and flights. The last two trips down we found airfare around $270 nonstop. We are having good luck with good fares to CUR as well. Hoping for better competition and fares to BON someday. Been to LC once and loved it. Like to try Brac combined with a GC stay. Maybe next June.

Chicago is an airline hub, so in some ways we are also lucky, but it is further away and direct flights to Cayman are usually only available during the high season.

KathyV,
Don't see $78.50 r/t GCM to LYB for 4-12 Nov. Do you have to be a member? I'm seeing about $129 r/t.

KathyV,
Don't see $78.50 r/t GCM to LYB for 4-12 Nov. Do you have to be a member? I'm seeing about $129 r/t.

Oh dear! Cayman Air has 2 Anniversary Sale web pages. One is for the locals, located in Cayman, and the other page is for everybody else. I may have clicked on the site for the locals when I saw that wonderful fare to the sister islands.

I will amend my post above, sorry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom