Salt River Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have tried reaching you earlier, I normaly dive the salt every sat. when the river is
LOW. But in the summer time I try to hit it every other day and then Sat. and Sun.

In the summer Buy your day pass or even your anual... The easy way is to just go to the first drop point. Put on your gear and slip into the water. (I hav my own Tube... Painted up with a dive flag and everything) I useualy just fallow with the current but I have a thin rope with a weight so if I find something I want to check on
I'm good.

When I get in to shallow water or rapids I just slid onto the tube and take the ride,
Hit the next deeper hole and slide off... Good to Go!

I even got a signed pass so if I don't have anyone to go with me
I can simpley ride the buss with my gear & tube! All I did was
stop and asked the owner. He was very helpful.

It sounds stupid but its a blast! And trust me you can find a ton of crap at the bottom.
Everything from Raido's, braclets, Even camaras. (I was lucky enugh to find a very good water proof camara... worth about $800) I now use it almost everyday.

If you are looking for a dive budy just contact me.....

Ok I'm in. This sounds like fun I'll be down there next month

Hay Guys (and Ladies)
The salt has been "Un Inhabbited" As far as only a few Divers Enjoy the REAL WAY to to use there tubes! (put on your dive flag, a platform on a tractor tube and just use the current)
I do sugest you use a rope and a weight so you can stop and pick up the neet thinks you will find. Also have a bigger bag for all the trash you will find at the bottem. And there will be a ton!
If we don't pick it up, the surface dwellers won't either.

I'm up for that! I'm a bit under the weather currently, but I'm up for an afternoonish dive anytime after I get well! Say 3pm some day?

ya i just woundering how to get my but back in the tube lol. with tank and waights. fyi all i just put the check into padi i will get my dive master card soon!!!!!!!!!

All my fish chassing friends!

I am really looking forward To this year. In fact I am so stoked I went out
and bought a dive helmet with a full face mask. I went out early sat. morning just
to try it out. For the first time something worked perfact right out of the box!
I had on a heavy 7mm wetsuit and suprising it wasn't bad at all.
I am really hopeing that this can get us all going. And why wait.... the water is grate!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom