Salt Water Sting on the eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear a mask when I'm not diving to keep my eyes from stinging when I chop onions.

These screwballs use MOF for some silliness. Ignore it.

ahhhhhh OK then.

Walter now I'm totally confused............but feeling better about it.

Hey dude have a wonderful week.

Happy Diving

ReefGuy:
I did, however, see your bubbles on the surface, and unless you were "buddy masking"...
:rofl: "buddy masking"!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! Or is that just the salt water? Or the onions? :wink:

Liss:
Well shoot...now I'm scared. I hadn't thought about the water stinging my eyes.
I'm not recommending this, and if you do this you could get a parking ticket, be audited by the IRS, be seen wearing your mask on your forehead, or (some other bad thing, pick one.)

Your eyes won't burn if you close them. Its entirely do-able to do a mask flood or mask remove/replace with your eyes closed if you wanted to. (Hint, you can find the nose pocket of the mask with your thumb so you'll always know which way to put the mask on.) Once the mask is cleared (and your nose will tell you when) you can open your eyes with no burning sensation. But you should really just get used to salt water, as Walter, etc. have said its an adjustment to be made, no more and no less. Good luck!

I find chlorine is much worse than salt water...I am doing a divemaster class though:) Alot of mask removals and clears in the pool. Try swimming in a pool for 5 hours and that should take care of the salt water problem:)

Supernal:
Also one of the few times when you should wash your hands BEFORE using the bathroom! :11doh:
:lol:​
I didn't say it - she did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom