Salvo Single Tank Rig Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattroz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I would appreciate the help of anyone who has ordered their BP and webbing before... I ordered the Single Tank rig as a set including the webbing.. Well i received great service and quick answers to my questions. I received the products today and they look high quality except that the webbing is about long enough for my 12 year old sister. the crotch strap only makes it to the bottom of my butt... am i missing anything...

This is not meant to be bashing the company as i said i received great service and the products are great.. they might have just thought i was 5 foot 85 pounds?

if anyone has this rig please let me know if the same thing happened to you!

mattroz:
I would appreciate the help of anyone who has ordered their BP and webbing before... I ordered the Single Tank rig as a set including the webbing.. Well i received great service and quick answers to my questions. I received the products today and they look high quality except that the webbing is about long enough for my 12 year old sister. the crotch strap only makes it to the bottom of my butt... am i missing anything...

This is not meant to be bashing the company as i said i received great service and the products are great.. they might have just thought i was 5 foot 85 pounds?

if anyone has this rig please let me know if the same thing happened to you!

Aren't we jumping the gun here a bit? Most plate combos. have enough webbing to accommodate most people...not everyone in the universe. Getting the webbing to fit is as simple as letting Salvo know it didn't fit you as anticipated. Generally ten -twelve linear feet webbing and moving sliders do the trick. X

the crotch strap is about 2 and half feet and the webbing is about 7 feet... thats what i did. i wrote salvo an e-mail and based on the service i'm getting it'll be a simple as sending it back to them and getting a new one..

Barry's sending me a new webbing today. like i said great service!

mattroz:
Barry's sending me a new webbing today. like i said great service!

Barry is an exceptionally nice & reasonable person. Again, quality service from Salvo is as simple as an e-mail or call. Always best to check with the vendor first before getting upset publically. X

i wasn't upset.. i was wondering if i was being my usual stupid self and couldn't figure it out.. in every post i mentioned how happy i was with this company and the the quality of their products are exceptional... now to save for a can light!

mattroz:
i wasn't upset.. i was wondering if i was being my usual stupid self and couldn't figure it out.. in every post i mentioned how happy i was with this company and the the quality of their products are exceptional... now to save for a can light!

My bad. I have been a bit sensitive with folks bashing Salvo on another matter. Cheers. X

mattroz:
the crotch strap is about 2 and half feet and the webbing is about 7 feet... thats what i did. i wrote salvo an e-mail and based on the service i'm getting it'll be a simple as sending it back to them and getting a new one..

People usually get 12-15' of weight belt webbing for the harness and 3-4' of the soft webbing for the grotch strap, though this is before trimming.

Mr.X:
My bad. I have been a bit sensitive with folks bashing Salvo on another matter. Cheers. X

Yes, you were so sensitive in others' viewpoint. Are you on his payroll?:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom