Sample file from Cressi Leonardo computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olegk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to process raw data as downloaded from Cressi Leonardo dive computer; specifically: periodical time::depth readings.

I don't yet have the computer, but would like to prepare software beforehand.
I'm looking for a sample file with those readings; could anybody send me one? My address is oleglk @yahoo.com .
Then, is there some format specification?

Thank you in advance,
Oleg.

Look at the libdivecomputer project - http://libdivecomputer.org . it may help keep you from reinventing the wheel... :)

Thanks, I'll take a look.
But they don't support the Cressi Leonardo computer, and I don't want to overinvest for occasional use.
Suunto Zoop is a second option. But I looked at the Suunto web page, and it is less clear about the sampling interval available in downloaded data:
Logbook memory ~50 h (20 s sampling rate) Logbook sampling rates 30 s
For the Cressi Leonardo the available sampling interval is stated as 20sec, which is kind-of too long, but OK for the first try. 30sec is no-go. So, does anybody know the ultimate available sampling interval for the Suunto Zoop?

And the original question is still in place - looks like I enjoy reinventing the wheel :). The sample file from the Zoop is welcome too.

Regards,
Oleg.

Thanks, I'll take a look.
But they don't support the Cressi Leonardo computer, and I don't want to overinvest for occasional use.
Suunto Zoop is a second option. But I looked at the Suunto web page, and it is less clear about the sampling interval available in downloaded data:
Logbook memory ~50 h (20 s sampling rate) Logbook sampling rates 30 s
For the Cressi Leonardo the available sampling interval is stated as 20sec, which is kind-of too long, but OK for the first try. 30sec is no-go. So, does anybody know the ultimate available sampling interval for the Suunto Zoop?

And the original question is still in place - looks like I enjoy reinventing the wheel :). The sample file from the Zoop is welcome too.

Regards,
Oleg.
ZOOP, 30s, not changeable
LEONARDO, 20s, not changeable ?

you can have samples by installing
Suunto DM3.1 and exporting demo logbook. .Sde is in fact a .Zip containing .Xml . The database is a MS Access password protected database. For DM4, it's a SQLLite database
Cressi PC interface and exporting demo logbook to .txt

these software are freely downloadable. No investment.

Well, this leaves the Leonardo as the winner between these two.
And Suunto Vyper could be an alternative; looks like it has changeable intervals starting from 10 sec, am I right?

Regarding the Suunto software, I don't understand the post; do you say the format/etc. was changed between DM3.1 and DM4, so that I need the older software in order to retrieve the log file?

And, again, could anybody please send me an exported log file from the Cressi Leonardo and/or Suunto Vyper?

Last edited:

Well, this leaves the Leonardo as the winner between these two.
And Suunto Vyper could be an alternative; looks like it has changeable intervals starting from 10 sec, am I right?

Regarding the Suunto software, I don't understand the post; do you say the format/etc. was changed between DM3.1 and DM4, so that I need the older software in order to retrieve the log file?

And, again, could anybody please send me an exported log file from the Cressi Leonardo and/or Suunto Vyper?
the sample time is not the better argument to choose a computer

again, it's easy to download and install the software to play with
PC interfaces

View attachment Leonardo_Demo_20110821_1444.txt

yes, the database format has been changed for Suunto Dive Manager.

Thanks, this is what I've been looking for.
So, per a dive there are two sets of numers, each in a separate line: time in seconds and depth in meters, right?
By the way, what delimits records for two consequent dives? Is the "Dive Nr. Date and Time ..." line repeated each time?

Oops... Is it true that the software from Cressi doesn't work on Windows 8?

Back
Top Bottom