San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you guys are looking at it all wrong. If you want to show your documentary pitch it to the network or take it to a fest that has differn't guidelines. The fest has there guidelines for whatever reason, it's there festival!! If you don't like it, create your own! Look at the guidelines and create something within those guidelines, if you can't, then you're not really that creative after all. Look at it as a video montage of your best shots or the trailer idea was good.

Just my 2 cents,

vidodivr:
I think you guys are looking at it all wrong. If you want to show your documentary pitch it to the network or take it to a fest that has differn't guidelines.

I am. I have. I do.

vidodivr:
The fest has there guidelines for whatever reason, it's there festival!! If you don't like it, create your own!

So because I'm not in agreement with a particular festival's guidelines I can't voice any kind of disagreement? Did you miss the part where I said I enthusiasically support the festival in spite of probably not being able to participate this year?

I had no idea this forum was being tapped by the KGB.

By the way, I believe Pat Buchanan's got a rally going on down the street. You might be able to catch it if you run really fast. Now. Please.

vidodivr:
Look at the guidelines and create something within those guidelines, if you can't, then you're not really that creative after all.

I raised disappointment with the festival's guidelines with regard to the film I'm currently promoting. That doesn't mean that I won't try and cut something for next year, or even a trailer for this year.

Please don't take a shot at my creativity simply because my current project is feature-length and doesn't fit within the guidelines of one festival in California. It's not fair and makes you seem as if you have the cinematic attention span of a toddler.

vidodivr:
Look at it as a video montage of your best shots or the trailer idea was good.

If I want to do a video montage of a bunch of things I shot on my last vacation, I'll do it, but I'll sure as hell never pass it off as art or cinema. With all due respect, I highly recommend you follow suit.

vidodivr:
Just my 2 cents,

I got all that for just 2 cents? I have to admit, yours was the bargain post of the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom