San Juan, St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Kitts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will be in San Juan May 6-10; Carnival Destiny May 11th-18; Back in San Juan May 18-21. Anyone else going on thie cruise that can offer scuba advise in PR or at one of our ports?? We plan on rock-climbing while in Puerto Rico also..any must sees??

1 San Juan, Puerto Rico 10:00pm View Shore Excursions

2 St. Thomas, USVI 7:00am 5:00pm View Shore Excursions

3 Dominica 10:00am 6:00pm View Shore Excursions

4 Barbados 8:00am 5:00pm View Shore Excursions

5 St. Lucia, WI 8:00am 5:00pm View Shore Excursions

6 Antigua 8:00am 6:00pm View Shore Excursions

7 St Kitts, WI 7:00am 4:00pm View Shore Excursions

8 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00am View Shore Excursions

My husband and I will be on this trip in April as well. We are definitely diving in Barbados. We booked through a dive operation close to the pier where we will dock. I think we will dive in Dominica too, but we don't have anything set up yet.

What shop did you book at in Dominica that is close to the pier? We will be there in May..

Dive Dominica is a 2 minute walk from the cruise ship pier according to them.

My husband and I will be on this trip in April as well. We are definitely diving in Barbados. We booked through a dive operation close to the pier where we will dock. I think we will dive in Dominica too, but we don't have anything set up yet.

Dive Dominica is a 2 minute walk from the cruise ship pier according to them.

I am confused because there are three different ports or maybe on cruise ship pier?? Thanks for the info...

I told the dive op which ship I'm taking, so I think with that info and the date they know which pier I am docking on. That's how it was done on my last cruise.

Ok update...
Dive Dominica wasn't very good at responding to emails (which is suprising because they are far and away the most recommended Dominica shop on this board) and the only time they could do was 1:00 pm...which would be cutting a 6pm sail time pretty close.

Sooo...I am now booked with Nature Island Divers, another recommended shop here on SB. They were willing to work with ship's arrival time and are picking me up at 10:00ish at the pier. These are the two responses I got from them

Hello Emily,
Thank you for your enquiry.
We usually pick up at 10am when the ship docks at the end of the pier where tours are dispatched.
2 tank dive/transfers/user fee $100.00p/p
2 tank dive/transfers/user fee/BC and Reg $111.00p/p Require credit card number to hold booking secure, Visa or Mastercard can email or call it in to the shop at 1 767 449 8181.
Please feel free to ask, should you require any additional info, Regards Karen.

You are confirmed for pick up on Tuesday April 1st at 10am at the end of the pier where tours are dispatched, will have a sign with your name.
Thanks for choosing Nature Island Dive and we look forward to meeting you then, Regards Karen.

A sign with my name, how neat! Also if you were on the fence about Dominica (which I never was because I had read that it had the best diving on our itinerary) you should check this out.

Top 100 Readers' Choice Survey - Scuba Diving Magazine
Scuba diving magazine just had the reader-rated top dive spots and Dominica made the following lists in the Caribbean section: Top Dive Destination (6), Top Marine Life (8), Healthiest Marine Life (6), Top Macro Life (1), and Top Photography (6). Other than Puerto Rico, none of the other stops on our itinerary made any of the lists.

Pegger,

My name is Allana and I work for St Thomas Diving Club in St. Thomas. We offer two tank dives in the morning and afternoon. Usually with crusie ship divers it is best to dive in the morning, that way you have plenty of time afterwards to enjoy the island or relax back on the ship. Here is our website www.stthomasdivingclub.com. We cater to smaller groups of divers about 6 to 8 is our average. Our goal is to give our guests the best experience possible, you will notice that our staff loves what they do. If you have any questions about diving in St Thomas please don't hesitate to email us at info@stthomasdivingclub or call us toll free at (877) 538-8734.

Hi Emily,

Make sure you give me a update on your cruise and excursions/diving that you did. Hope you have a great time and dive safe!!

Steve

Thanks Steve! I'll post trip reviews when I get back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom