Sandra Stewart sues a whole lot more folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting she didn’t go after the producer, who do things like ensure the dive plan is set and the safety divers are deployed....

The complaint keeps referring to Claudia as a male. Probably gonna make the judge scratch his head and wonder...................

The complaint keeps referring to Claudia as a male. Probably gonna make the judge scratch his head and wonder...................
She is most definitely a her.

The complaint says "Defendant HORIZON DIVE supervised, planned, ordered, or controlled the subject dive in connection with its ownership, operation, management, maintenance, or control of the subject vessel. " It repeats most of this for almost all the defendants. Not sure Stewart himself would admit that the boatman supervised, planned, ordered, or controlled the subject dive, let alone everyone else listed. He was not a DSD swimming in the ocean for the first time.

Seems like the shotgun approach to liability - maybe the hope is one will settle out of court and the woman will get some money even if she may not deserve any or, at the end, get awarded any from a court.

The CBC - did a little documentary about this:
The Third Dive: The Death of Rob Stewart

I watched it hoping to find some sort of explanation for what exactly happened; but, it is terrible documentary that seems to suggest some sort of conspiracy theory; nor did it give a good report into the state of the found equipment either.

I was following this case for a while; but, maybe I am missing something; has anyone encountered any report that gives any other explanation other than 'drowning'.

The complaint says "Defendant HORIZON DIVE supervised, planned, ordered, or controlled the subject dive in connection with its ownership, operation, management, maintenance, or control of the subject vessel. " It repeats most of this for almost all the defendants. Not sure Stewart himself would admit that the boatman supervised, planned, ordered, or controlled the subject dive, let alone everyone else listed. He was not a DSD swimming in the ocean for the first time.

Seems like the shotgun approach to liability - maybe the hope is one will settle out of court and the woman will get some money even if she may not deserve any or, at the end, get awarded any from a court.

The CBC - did a little documentary about this:

I watched it hoping to find some sort of explanation for what exactly happened; but, it is terrible documentary that seems to suggest some sort of conspiracy theory; nor did it give a good report into the state of the found equipment either.

I was following this case for a while; but, maybe I am missing something; has anyone encountered any report that gives any other explanation other than 'drowning'.

There's already a long thread on the documentary. The "journalist" is a hack unworthy of bearing the title. If I had my way that link would be stripped from your post and no one would give that crap another page view.

In the other Rob Stewart thread there are a ton of court filings on the matter, although I'm not sure there's really going to be any sort of conclusion until it's all sorted out.

There's already a long thread on the documentary. The "journalist" is a hack unworthy of bearing the title. If I had my way that link would be stripped from your post and no one would give that crap another page view.

In the other Rob Stewart thread there are a ton of court filings on the matter, although I'm not sure there's really going to be any sort of conclusion until it's all sorted out.

I missed the thread about the documentary then. I see my sentiments about it are mirroring yours. Perhaps one day something convincing will come out about what happened.

Here’s the link to the discussion on the documentary (the majority of SB’ers agreed with your opinion of the so-called documentary, @modustollens )

...The CBC - did a little documentary about this:

I watched it hoping to find some sort of explanation for what exactly happened; but, it is terrible documentary that seems to suggest some sort of conspiracy theory; nor did it give a good report into the state of the found equipment either...

It is pretty standard legal practice to name all parties. Otherwise all the named defendants point to the empty chair and say that is the responsible one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom