Sangalaki-Kakaban-Maratua 4-10 August, 2021 with 15% off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m setting up such a group for Sangalaki-Kakaban-Maratua liveaboard cruise with White Manta from 4 to 10 August, 2021. Afterwards, as an option, we can fly to Bali for 3-4 days scenic land / diving tours before flying home.

Although the tours will still be 20 months away, good cabin spots for this trip tend to be booked up early. For example for August 2020 trips, the White Manta liveaboard is already fully booked, see trip code WMSG210 & 211 in their webpage, White Manta Diving - Schedules & Rates for New White Manta

Here is the itinerary:
White Manta Diving - Diving in Sangalaki, Kakaban & Maratua

Some of the unique attractions there are:
1. Sangalaki has turtle nesting & manta cleaning station.
2. Kakaban has beautiful coral & stingless jellyfish lake, like in Palau.
3. Maratua has the Channel to reef hook on to see pelagic cruising by, like in Palau’s Blue Corner or Peleliu Cut and thousands of resident schooling barracuda like you would see in Sipadan.
4. Bagan (fishing platform in the middle of the sea) where whalesharks often visit to suck on small fish / critters off fisherman nets, below the Bagan and the fishermen feed the whaleharks with small fish as a sign of good luck to have those gentle giants to come by & visit them. This is one of the few places in the world that you would have 99% chance to scuba dive (not just snorkel) with whalesharks. The other place is Cendrawasih Bay, Papua.

Here is one would expect to experience when diving with White Manta in Sangalaki-Kakaban-Maratua.

August is the peak Mola Mola season in Bali, so I try not to miss it whenever I’m in Indonesia during that time. Here is what I saw there 3 months ago.

If I can gather a group of 7, 1 spot would be free of charge (FOC). We can split the FOC equally to 7 of us for 1/7 off (~15%). That would bring the lower cabin spot cost from $2300 to $1955 ($345 off). So far I have a group of 4. I need 3 more dive buddies. So, come on and join me.

Here are cool videos by SZtv about what to see in Kakaban.

Here is another nice video by SCtv about Bagan of Derawan.

As mentioned in the post #1, after the liveaboard trip, we plan to spend 3-4 days in Bali before heading home to dive with Mola Mola, as August is the peak season for Mola Mola in Nusa Penida.

Here is a nice video by SCtv about diving in Nusa Penida.

Bali is known as Island of Gods, so we could visit other dive sites like Tulamben or just do land tour. Here are a couple nice videos by OceanShutter & Amazing Places On Our Planet about Bali.

I’m also putting together a parallel tour for the non-diver significant others to take while the divers are in the liveaboard trip. One of popular excursions there is river cruise, offered by Cruises – WOW Borneo

One of my dive buddies’ wife (non-diver) seems to like this parallel tour idea. Currently, 2 non-divers are plan to do one of these river cruises combined with other land tours such as visiting OrangUtan sanctuary, like Samboja_Lodge.

Reactions: Jay

Back
Top Bottom