Santa brought me an Edge X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skoobajunkie

Registered
Reaction score
My question is: is there any way to be able to connect it to a windows computer to be able to broadcast live? I got it to connect to my Galaxy S3 and can use it as a remote, but I cannot figure out if it would be possible to connect to the Edge wifi, and be able to connect to my home wifi at the same time to be able to stream live video. Is this possible?

Edge X is one of the only Action Cams on the market with wireless file transfer. This allows you to transfer files to your Windows or Mac computer without plugging in. It will not allow a Windows Computer or phone to act as a remote though.

It will not allow a Windows Computer or phone to act as a remote though.

This is a easily misunderstood statement. From my experience with the camera and the online review I did of it, clearly shows that the camera can be operated via a cell phone or external device. I believe what IntovaJoe is talking about is strictly a Windows Computer or Windows Phone . Skoobajunkie, I will continue to explore the camera and see what new tricks I can come up with. So far we have been able to operate the camera from a distance of 75 yards (225 ft) (68.58 meters), this is without any disruption (such as a wall). Inside a building as soon as we walked around a corner we lost signal, regardless of the distance. In further testing, we used the camera as a security camera, such as a nanny cam. The camera worked flawlessly, however, the remote device (my cell phone) lost signal as soon as we closed the door to my daughter's bedroom. All in all, we have sold several of these cameras to many customers, not just divers, and haven't had any complaints. Great product Intova.[video=youtube;Sv4YSRYbJ1k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4YSRYbJ1k&list=UUPUlhHxmZ6YeNYdcS5JUDsQ[/video]

Thanks for the replies, but maybe I worded my question wrong. I was wondering if you could use the camera basically as a webcam by connecting to it along with being able to be connected to say, my home wifi and being able to stream the feed online.

Love this camera so far. I have had 3 gopros, and for the price of the intova, ya cant beat it

skoobajunkie, I have done further testing with the Edge, and here are my findings. I have not been able to stream wifi to a home network, while streaming wifi to an external device (cell phone). However, using the AV cord, I can hook the camera to a monitor and then control the camera with an external device (cell phone). Now this does not make the camera mobile, or water proof. Being that I run 3 local Public Safety Dive Teams in my area, we use these cameras extensively for investigations and recoveries. With the Edge, we were hoping to be able to drop the camera in the water and remotely activate it using a phone or tablet (and to monitor the scene before putting divers in the water), unfortunately, as soon as the camera goes under water (a different medium than air), we lose wifi connection. Now Intova does have the Connex coming out that solves the dilemma of losing signal. I would suggest contacting Intova directly and see if they can give you any advice on how to achieve your wifi connection to two different devices. Hope this helps.

Here is the video for the Connex.

[video=youtube;ciaxaiE4x-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciaxaiE4x-A[/video]

Unfortunately no can do. Wi Fi is one directional so it can receive or receive but not both at the same time.

Have any of you had any problems with the battery life of the Intova Edge? Mine seems to die extremely quickly.

Sorry, we are working on live broadcast applications but they are not ready yet. The current apps are for android or iPhone specifically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom