Santa brought me another horse....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
... for my stable :)

gb22.jpg

Now if its just a couple of people to dive, I can go faster and not get pounded to death :)

Anyone wanna blow bubbles?

Gen-
I have been lusting after that boat for some time now. I'll have to come visit you some weekend...

_Kurt_:
Gen-
I have been lusting after that boat for some time now. I'll have to come visit you some weekend...

Its nice....

Listed capacity is 8 persons, it has twin 115s, eats the chop that we get on the gulf side (up to 4' or so - I was out on a sea trial on it when there was a small craft advisory up and didn't get a drop of water on me!) for breakfast and while not horribly fast (40mph in the corner) will cruise in the 25-26kt range all day long irrespective of sea conditions, and do it comfortably.

Its biggest drawback is the relatively limited space for tanks and such. I think it'll be ok for three divers, MAYBE 4, but beyond that no. A 6-pack Pelican rack will fit between the forward seats, and a single set of doubles can go on the floor in the aft cockpit area. Then again I don't need more than that - I have the big boat for times when we want more than 4 people around.

Plus it can easily be singlehanded, which is a big deal for me as I like to fish even when I can't get anyone else who wants to go.

I got it with the extended dive platform (goes all the way to the aft end of the engine cowlings - no chance of getting fouled in the motors when boarding or splashing), which also has a very nice 4-step HEAVY ladder - should be able to deal with me climbing back on with doubles, has a freshwater tank (nice for quick rinses), two large fishboxes, a livewell, two coolers, one under the console and the other a transom seat, lots of seating and an enclosed compartment for a portapotty with a ton of storage forward. All in all a really nice "pocket boat", albiet a bit expensive for its length - but the ride makes up for it.

I wanted the 26' version of it but can't pull it - the 26, full of fuel and on the trailer, was over 9,000lbs! The 26 CC version was just over 8,000 with EMPTY fuel tanks. My truck's limit is 7500.... so 22' it was.

As soon as the water comes back up in the spring and I can get the bunk modifications made its going on the lift behind the house....

We'll need to talk about it more this weekend. Bring pictures. The 26' intrigues me. Maybe in a couple of more years...

I'll see what I can dig up on brochures on both - I trashed a lot of my material on it when I bought it..... (since it was now in the driveway!) :)

What specifically are you looking for - we're running out of light here, so if I want to shoot some pics I need to do it NOW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom