• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Santi did it again....New Elite Plus Drysuit

Discussion in 'Exposure Suits' started by Dive Right In Scuba, Mar 6, 2018.

1. formernuke

formernuke ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Bit of an old thread but I would like to hear from people who have the elite +

2. BFRedrocks

BFRedrocks ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    As would I...I have one on order but not expected to arrive before Christmas. I'm really hopeful we got the sizing/fit right.

3. TyphoonDiver

TyphoonDiver Garibaldi

Hey BFRedrocks,
    did you get your Elite +? And how do you like it?
    I am looking to get the Elite + as well but I am not sure.
    I live on the west side of Phoenix.

Cheers.
    Typhoondiver

4. Mike1967

Mike1967 Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199
  5. BFRedrocks

BFRedrocks ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor

Hey, sorry for the late response. I did get it...a little late but just in time for my dive trip to Antarctica. I had been using a DUI FLX Extreme for about 6 years, and IMHO, I think the E. Lite+ is better. It fits me so much better and it's actually a joy to don and doff. The silicone seals they use are thicker than the Zipseals, so at least for me, I don't have the rolling up issue I had with my DUI suit. The E. Lite material on the wear-prone areas is really durable and the other special fabric they use is durable with some flex to it. I got mine with the fitted KUBI dryglove system on it and I love that, although I don't think they're offering that system anymore on new drysuits. If I had more time between the suit arriving and my trip, I would have saved some money and gone with the Santi Smart Seal system (comes with the E. Lite+ suit). I also went with the neoprene socks/Rockboot option, and their Rockboots are really nice. The neoprene socks were a bit big though, so I had to go up another size in the Rockboots.

Bottom line is it is an expensive suit, but I'm very impressed with the quality and how well the suit fits me. I'm wearing that suit in the profile pic of me touching the iceberg. Let me know if you have any other questions. BTW, I"m in Scottsdale.

Mike1967 likes this.
  6. TyphoonDiver

TyphoonDiver Garibaldi

That was exactly the information I was looking for. Sounds like a great suit.
    I will do some more research and then eventually spend the dollars on the new suit.

I am hearing good stuff about the Ursuit and its quite a bit cheaper.

I just did some diving in Lake Pleasant but the visibility was not so marvelous.....

Thanks again for the good info.

7. rvojr

rvojr ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    It is my first suit and really don't have a comparison. I've dove with it 15 times in the last couple months, and I like it much more than a wetsuit. Lol. It is much heavier than some of the waterproof suits I have seen. The pockets are amazing and huge to fit everything I want in them. No regrets after 2 months. TBD

8. guruboy

guruboy Divemaster ScubaBoard Supporter