Santi Drysuits: E.Lite vs E.Space

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ligersandtions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the market for a new drysuit and am nearly sold on a Santi drysuit, based on some of the features that I really like and the fact that everyone seems to actually be dry when diving these drysuits.

I'm having problems figuring out which Santi suit is right for me. I see that the one real difference between the E.Lite and the E.Space is that the E.Lite is made with the Rip-Stop material....it's also ~$800 more expensive than the E.Space.

Is the Rip-Stop material really worth that much more? Or am I missing something and there are actually more differences between the suits?

I sure wish someone local had these suits in stock so I could check them out and possibly try them on! They seem great, but I'm somewhat hesitant to pull the trigger sight unseen...

Hi ligersandtions,

You raise sone good questions:) the rip stop nylon is as tough as Cadura but without the bulk and stifness. It also has a little stretch to it (not in all directions).

The pockets that come on the Elite are bigger and more feature rich compares to the Espace.

The right pocket has an outer zipper pocket which is great for double Enders and or line arrows. The inside is outfitter with yellow shock cord on both sides for clipping things off and there is a divider if you want to use it for wet notes.

The left pocket is just as big but no outer zipper pocket and internal divider.

The Elite comes in all black. The only place you can add color would be on the 1 continiouse piece of fabric that runs from the inside of your wrist following the inside of your arm, under your armpit and down to your waist. You can select from blue, red or silver.

BTW the one continiouse piece of fabric that I mentioned above has no seams running perpendicular to it. This allows for maximum range of motion when trying to access valves etc.. Not having the seams also eliminates a potential "weak" area.

Do you have a local shop that you normally patronize? We can make a arrangement to get you a drysuit to look at

Here is a link to the SANTI size chart

Team OceanEdge Outfitters

I'm also looking at these suits (and also in SoCal) and had a couple of questions.

Can the E.Lite pockets not be added to an E.Space suit? If not, can the E.Space be ordered with after-market pockets (e.g. Halcyon or Light Monkey)?

What about the foot choices for each suit? Is there a "turbosole-like" option for both (or one)?

Lastly, looking at the sizing chart, are those measurements when wearing your heaviest undergarment (e.g. 400g) or street clothes/etc?

Thanks!

I'm also looking at these suits (and also in SoCal) and had a couple of questions.

Can the E.Lite pockets not be added to an E.Space suit? If not, can the E.Space be ordered with after-market pockets (e.g. Halcyon or Light Monkey)?

What about the foot choices for each suit? Is there a "turbosole-like" option for both (or one)?

Lastly, looking at the sizing chart, are those measurements when wearing your heaviest undergarment (e.g. 400g) or street clothes/etc?

Thanks!

Hi Rainer

SANTI will not put the Elite pockets on an EPACE drysuit. One can always remove the pockets ans install their favorite flavor. The pockets that come on the Espace and the Enduro are decent pockets compared to OM. The do have button holes on either side so if you want to add bungee to clip things off to, it's really easy. If your not a fan of an internal D-Ring, it can easily be removed.

The suits that we bring into the USA all have Flexsoles. We do offer a "rock boot/Trek boot" option for those who prefer that too.

The stock size chart will allow for a 400g under suit.

Hope that helps. Please feel free to ask any additional questions!

Thank you so much! I really really appreciate the information :)

So let me recap....the price difference between the E.Lite and E.Space basically comes down to the Rip-Stop material and nicer pockets on the E.Lite.

The pockets on the E.Lite definitely sound nice....not sure they're $800 worth of nice considering I have a Halcyon pocket sitting at home right now anyways.

So I guess the question is whether the Rip-Stop is worth the added cost to me. I know you mentioned the one continuous piece on the E.Lite -- is the E.Space designed similarly? Or are there more wear points / potentials for restricted movement / etc? Do you expect that the E.Space would not hold up as well?

I do have a couple shops that I go to regularly. What would need to be done to get a couple suits out this way? I know one of the shops had never heard of Santi (somehow managed to miss their booth at DEMA...), but seemed to think the suits looked nice when I made them pull up the website :wink:

Again, really appreciate the info! Like I said, I'm nearly sold on a Santi suit....just a matter of choosing between the different models.

I myself was torn between the Espace & the E.Lite. My gut told me to go with the E.Lite because of the amount of NE Wreck Diving I do, Stretch & Pocket Design. It was tough to spend the extra money but I am extremely happy with my decision.

Ligersandtions: All the SANTI suits are cut & designed the same way so the only differences come down to Materials and Pockets being used.

Rainer: Boot design is like "turbo-soles" on steroids with out the bulk of a typical attached drysuit boot!

The flexsoles are a BIG selling feature for me. I hate how flimsy and cheap the turbosoles on my current suit seem. I love that the flexsoles address the high wear point on the toes.

I don't think I plan for much/any wreck penetration (love the wrecks for the life, not really interested in going inside since there isn't much life there...) but would kick myself if things changed....choices, choices

Thank you so much! I really really appreciate the information :)

So let me recap....the price difference between the E.Lite and E.Space basically comes down to the Rip-Stop material and nicer pockets on the E.Lite.

The pockets on the E.Lite definitely sound nice....not sure they're $800 worth of nice considering I have a Halcyon pocket sitting at home right now anyways.

So I guess the question is whether the Rip-Stop is worth the added cost to me. I know you mentioned the one continuous piece on the E.Lite -- is the E.Space designed similarly? Or are there more wear points / potentials for restricted movement / etc? Do you expect that the E.Space would not hold up as well?

I do have a couple shops that I go to regularly. What would need to be done to get a couple suits out this way? I know one of the shops had never heard of Santi (somehow managed to miss their booth at DEMA...), but seemed to think the suits looked nice when I made them pull up the website :wink:

Again, really appreciate the info! Like I said, I'm nearly sold on a Santi suit....just a matter of choosing between the different models.
Hi ligersandtions,

We cand send a couple of suits out no problem. Did you get a chance to look at the size chart? When you get a chance, shoot us an email at santi@oceanedgeoutfitters.com so we can make the arrangements to get you the suits.

From my understanding I can order the E.Lite suit with the SI TECH wrist ring system for easy changing of seals. Would it also be possible to get the SI TECH neck tite system put in from the factory as well?

Back
Top Bottom