Santi repairs in Japan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have a 3 year old Saint Emotion with less than 100 dives on it, I treat it like a new born baby. Anyway, it's developed a leak on the rear, the last two dives I've had a wet ass on one side. I filled the suit with air and used soapy water but could not locate the source of the leak. I'm assuming it's a seam or a very small hole which only leaks under weight of gear or diving position. The wetness is localized to only my ass on one side.

I contacted Santi who advised sending it to their service center in Korea.

Does anyone know anywhere in Japan, pref Tokyo area, that they trust to fix suits? I spoke to several local shops but they weren't interested the minute I said it was a shell suit, neoprene drysuits are king over here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it's the beginning of the season, I'm poor and diving is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Happy New Year.

Try the strong light in a dark room method, you can stress the material a bit while you check it, look at areas near the wet spot because seeps can travel before making contact with your undergarment.

Or turn the suit inside out and then test for leaks. Had a leak that would seal putting pressure on the suit in normal position, but revealed itself when the suit was inside out and put under pressure.

AJ:
Or turn the suit inside out and then test for leaks. Had a leak that would seal putting pressure on the suit in normal position, but revealed itself when the suit was inside out and put under pressure.

The suit cannot be turned inside out as it has attached boots.

I couldn't find the leak. The Santi distributor, rather confusingly against Santa's advice, in Japan wanted almost $400 in shipping to send the suit to Poland, that's not gonna happen. I reached out to the previous distributor who I bought the suit from and he very kindly and generously offered to take a look for me. I'm just waiting on his findings, I'm confidant he can fix it as I'm almost positive it's a seam leak.

I bet not from the butt though. Looking forward to the results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom