Santi repairs in Japan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The bottom end of the zipper or the crotch?

S#*t, I hope not. I'm pretty sure the zips fine (read hope), although given its a Tizip could well be. I'd be pissed given its only done around 70-80 dives. Guess I'll find out in the next few days.

In my case a new zipper was leaking at the attachment point. I just removed and replaced the the failing aquaseal (about 60%). So far so good....if I haven't jinxed myself. Hopefully your zipper's fine and you just have a butt leak. I meant leaky butt....hey wait....that's not what I meant at all.

I couldn't find the leak. The Santi distributor, rather confusingly against Santa's advice, in Japan wanted almost $400 in shipping to send the suit to Poland, that's not gonna happen. I reached out to the previous distributor who I bought the suit from and he very kindly and generously offered to take a look for me. I'm just waiting on his findings, I'm confidant he can fix it as I'm almost positive it's a seam leak.

Thomas? He is the person I would refer you to and your story is similar to many I know, local shops won’t touch it

Drum roll....

He found several pin hole leaks around the kidney area which would match my wet spot. He's going to check further but hopefully that's all it was.

My next question is how did it get pin hole leaks?

Drum roll....

He found several pin hole leaks around the kidney area which would match my wet spot. He's going to check further but hopefully that's all it was.

My next question is how did it get pin hole leaks?
Sea urchins ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom