Santi Smart Seals and Kubi system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkusBauermann

Registered
Reaction score
Hallo
Ich bin Markus aus Deutschland. Ich bin sehr frustriert. Ich möchte ein 90-mm-Kubi-Trockenhandschuh-System an meinen Santi-Smart-Dichtungen befestigen, aber ich weiß nicht wie. Ich habe viele Möglichkeiten ausprobiert, aber niemand arbeitet, weil die intelligenten Dichtungen Spezial sind. Kennt jemand hier "chubadooman" ???? Er ist der Einzige, der das kubisystem an den intelligenten Dichtungen angebracht hat. Er hat auch Bilder, wie es funktioniert. So, wenn jemand ihn kann oder auch Erfahrung haben, wie kann ich das System reparieren Bitte schreiben Sie mir. Bilder von Handbuch waren fantastisch. Vielen Dank und Grüße aus Deutschland

Markus

Ich bin nicht sicher daß da viele Deutsch verstehen. Vielleicht kann Hans Drexler aus deepstop.de helfen?

Hello
I am Markus from Germany. I am very frustrated. I would like to attach a 90 mm Kubi dry glove system to my Santi Smart seals, but I do not know how. I've tried many ways, but nobody works because the smart seals are special. Does anyone know here "chubadooman" ???? He is the only one who has installed the cubic system on the intelligent seals. He also has pictures of how it works. So if someone can have it or even experience how can I repair the system please write to me. Pictures of manual were fantastic. Thank you and greetings from Germany

Markus

i wrote Chubadooman already a time ago.....but i received no answer yet

I don't know anything about the Santi stuff, but are you trying to fit Kubi permanent rings or the Kubi rings that are meant to install onto existing seals?

According to his description he is tryng to fit 90 mm rings. So I suppose he means detachable rings, not the permament ones. Don't know about the Santi seal system, but I can imagine the seals having less room for placement on the seal than without teh Santi system, which could become a problem installing the rings.

@OT: only solutions I can think of is changing the seals for seals that are longer (i.e. not bottle seals) or attaching the gloves direct to the Santi system.

I don't follow that logic. They make 90mm rings in permanent and removable. It seems he could be trying to fit either.

If he is trying to install the removable rings, I think that if the existing seals are long enough to actually seal (without rings), then they are long enough to hold the Kubi rings. The only problem would possibly be that the seals would no longer seal on the wrist, so he would be required to use dry gloves when the Kubi rings are on.

That is just my opinion based on using the Kubi removable rings myself for over a year before I got my drysuit upgraded with Kubi permanent rings.

It's the combination of Santi smart seals, which shorten the length of the seals I beleive, with the Kubi rings. Don't know for sure, but I guess there's not enough seal left to fit the ring properly. I have the Kubi seals myself too. On a normal seal system there's no issue, but I think it can be an issue in combination with the Santi seal system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom