SANTI Vs. SF Tech Heated Dry Gloves Or others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nabob44

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
So I am trying to understand which one would be better to use I have Light monkey setup. Dual battery and head and built in pitkin and push lock connector, but Santi retail for 300 tax incl. and y connector etc. SF Tech is 5-600.

what else is out there or are one of these worth it?

Advice

I’d also add Smart-Tex out of Poland to your list. He can put whichever ends or splitters on it you’d like.

I use the SmartTex ones (not often). Jerzy will install whatever connector you need on your Y adapter or sell you the connector unterminated if you wanted to do it yourself. I mostly just use these when it's below 2-2.5C (36-37f). Above ~4c (39f) I just stick with heavy duty wool liners.

I believe they draw 15W each (30W total). Slightly less than Santi heated gloves although from what I've seen of people using the Santi system these have been more reliable.

image003.jpg

One thing to consider is that the Santi gloves don't like more than 12V, not sure what your LM battery puts out but just something to keep in mind when choosing.

What happens with the Santi gloves when voltage is over 12? Just more heat or something else? I'm interested as most packs put out 12.6 V when fully charged...

What happens with the Santi gloves when voltage is over 12? Just more heat or something else? I'm interested as most packs put out 12.6 V when fully charged...
Bit late to this thread but the info might still be useful…

A 3S lithium pack is 12.6V when fully charged but that’s with no load. As soon as a load is added, especially above a couple of Amps, the voltage drops and the drop can be considerable.

I’ve used 15Ah and 20Ah LM packs with a heated undersuit and gloves combo and the initial voltage is lower than 11V, even with a fully charged pack. This continues to drop as the pack drains.

I’m now using a 28Ah Santi Blue Power pack which is a 4S (16.8V) system but with a controller that drops the output to (approximately) either 11V or 12V depending on the button presses. This means that the output (and therefore heating) remains constant throughout the entire capacity of the pack.

Ammonite and GRALmarine, amongst others, also have similar systems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom