Sardine run 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All... I have spoken to my dive operator who has arranged the trip for me. We are not diving from Port Elizabeth now, instead we will be doing the Sardine run from East London, staying at Latimers Landing - Anyone got any thoughts on East London as a base for the Sardine run ? We are booked to spend the four days with Mark Addison (Having dived with Mark before - I am really looking forward to it, that man can read the Ocean!).

Earth Touch Marine are spending the entire month of June at Port St John which is much nearer to Durban, as of yet there isn't much activity but it would seem the conditions are going in the right direction, let's hope it's a gudgeon.

The latest from the link above is 6th June - "The sardines have not made a show yet the water is still too warm, there are a few sharks and game fish arround"

If the weather is right and the sardines are there, you are in good hands with Mark.
The link Travel Girl supplied is as good as you will get unless you have an operator who updates you.

Travel Girl, I remember some of your earlier posts, but not the detail, your name suggests you arrange trips/are an operator - if so, which one?

After keeping an eye on the many links provided, it would seem that things are hotting up along the coast and as recently as yesterday 500-1000 bottlenose dolphins where spotted along with humpbacks.
Let's hope this is the best run ever........................

Back
Top Bottom