Sardine Run

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smfcpacfp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was watching this on Discovery HD TV a while back and thought it like an awesome concept, so I booked a trip with SEAL for next June 21 to June 30 and thought that I would do a short Safari after the dive trip. Has anyone done a trip with S.E.A.L?

After that we are taking a bike safari also by SEAL in Botswana, and then on to Mozambique for some additional diving

Hi smfcpacfp
Send me a mail I live on the Natal coast watch the sardine run every year can give you some pointers john@guinjatabay.co.za I also know Mozambique very well
John

I was watching this on Discovery HD TV a while back and thought it like an awesome concept, so I booked a trip with SEAL for next June 21 to June 30 and thought that I would do a short Safari after the dive trip. Has anyone done a trip with S.E.A.L?

After that we are taking a bike safari also by SEAL in Botswana, and then on to Mozambique for some additional diving

I'll be there this June 21 to June 30 - is that what you mean? Are you booking through Asia Divers in Purto Galera?

PM me if you get a chance, there's a good chance I'd know you if you're a regular down there. My full name's Larry Bird BTW (honest!).

My plan is to head over to Cape Town after the run to do the Great White cage diving, and possibly a brief safari...

I'll be there this June 21 to June 30 - is that what you mean? Are you booking through Asia Divers in Purto Galera?

PM me if you get a chance, there's a good chance I'd know you if you're a regular down there. My full name's Larry Bird BTW (honest!).

My plan is to head over to Cape Town after the run to do the Great White cage diving, and possibly a brief safari...

I did mean this June (2008). So are you saying that you will also be on that trip with SEAL? We are booked through Island Dreams. I was in South Africa for 4 months in 1968, probably before you were born, racing motorcycles in an earlier life. What I knew then, for all practical purposes is useless in today's changed climate.

I just got back from an enjoyable diving trip on Grand Turk Island in the Caribbean. I met a divemaster from SA and he recommended that we might go to the Guingata Resort (in Guingata, Mozambique) where he had previously worked. Even his employer screwed him, he felt they were an excellent resort, so we will probably spend a week diving there. Probably less intense than the Sardine Run. After three weeks on th road we will likely head back to our home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

I did mean this June (2008). So are you saying that you will also be on that trip with SEAL?

That's right, but I booked through Asia Divers in the Philippines. Excellent, I know two or three other guys on the trip already, so it should be pretty friendly.

I was in South Africa for 4 months in 1968, probably before you were born.

Funnily enough, I was born in Zambia in 1972...

racing motorcycles in an earlier life. What I knew then, for all practical purposes is useless in today's changed climate.

Not a motorbike man, but I know a lot who are. I'm more fast cars when some idiot will lend me one :D

I just got back from an enjoyable diving trip on Grand Turk Island in the Caribbean. I met a divemaster from SA and he recommended that we might go to the Guingata Resort (in Guingata, Mozambique) where he had previously worked. Even his employer screwed him, he felt they were an excellent resort, so we will probably spend a week diving there. Probably less intense than the Sardine Run. After three weeks on th road we will likely head back to our home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Sounds fantastic. Personally I just got back from Sogud Bay and Cabilao in the Philippines (it's close to home...). Highly recommended if you're in the area.

I'll drop you a line when I'm fully set up with travel details etc. it'll be good to meet another SBer!

It you're headed to Cape Town give me a shout too !!! May be able to help with the GW diving as well.

I run a small outfit in St. Louis that puts safari/diving trips together for Africa... if you want to talk about anything to do with Africa, I'm all ears!

Rib

Latest sardine news a few red eyes are round but Natal sharks board will start first sardine spotting flights on May 15.
Visit the forum at guinjatabay Dive Forum - Index for next update or send me a mail john@guinjatabay.co.za and I will keep you updated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom