Sardine Run

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve
Give me a call when you out maby we can have a beer or two I live about 30 KM from Aliwal shoal 039 9721895
Also if you you need any help booking dive,accommodation or tours give me a shout
John

Thanks a bunch for the updates, and I'll try to get in touch as well. Beers definitely work for me :D

Beers definitely work for me :D

You obviously haven't tasted South African beer yet. But you'll be fine, as long as you don't touch Castle Lager, Black Label or any such. Fortunately there are a few imports like Windhoek Lager, Heineken etc. available in most pubs. Besides, I'm sure our friendly locals (like Jolo) will make up for our bad beer:D

I think you're short selling the beer in SA mate.
I've been to a few countries and believe our beers are pretty good :)

I am very jeallous that I will not be able to join you guys on this trip.
I've yet to do a sardine run one day, although I know Aliwal well.

Have fun guys and be sure to post here to let us know how it went.

Here's a concept. I think there should be a system by which countries are rated against their respective quality of diving versus the quality of beer. Maybe South Africa will do pretty well considering we've got average beer and above average diving. Compared to Ireland that has good quality beer and poor diving opportunities or Belgium that has superb quality beer and no diving opportunities (unless you count Nemo33).

[tongue in cheek]Then of course there's the USA with very good diving but they have yet to discover real beer.[/tongue in cheek]

Agreed Deefstes I have traveled the world even been to October fest and what I looked forward to most when I got back to South Africa was a cold Castle Heres to Charles Glass, I am sure the hammerhead will also be singing the praises of our beer when he returns home
A big net about 10 tons of sardines was landed at Southbroom about 200 km south of Durban this morning 11/6.
I might still be able to arrange accommodation if anyone wants to make a late booing send me a mail john@guinjatabay.co.za

Cheeky sods!

I've been a Castle convert since 19 - - (chooses not to incriminate self).

fancy a braai?

Oh yeah, and on the subject of beer...

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.

- --Frank Zappa

Ain't that funny, a Yank talking about beer?

:D

Hey guys, I'll be on the same trip with you! 21-30 June, flying out from Sydney next Friday - am so excited!!!

Peta

A shoal pased in front of my house this morning 14/6 took some photographs will publish them soon on my web page

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom