SAS Sweerent vs Gull Mantis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cindysoo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello again, Haven't posted in almost 3 years it seems... I've now got 40 odd dives under my belt (Hong Kong, Mabul Sipadan, Layang Layang) and will be heading out to Komodo for a Liveaboard in 2 weeks!

Has anyone tried the SAS Sweerent fins or the Gull Mantis? I'm looking at buying either one of these but don't know which is best.

I currently have the Mares Avanti Superchannel and have the following problems:
1) sometimes my foot or my calf cramps
2) the Mares fins feel heavy for me (I am 167 cm tall, 118 pounds weight)

So, a dive shop told me to try either SAS Sweerent fins or Gull Mantis. Any body have experience with either? I want to buy a new pair of fins asap! :)

Thank you!

I don't have personal experience of either fin, but I do love my Gull Mews, which are full-foots.
Here are pictures of the Japanese-made all-rubber open-heel fins you mention:
SAS Sweerent
__ImageGrabber.axd

Gull Mantis
gull%20fin.jpg

There's a little discussion of the fins on the HKDiver forum at
hkdiver.com • ???? - Is SAS fin easy on the leg and good for Frog kick?

The Gull Mantis is briefly compared with others fins here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/161213-anyone-used-gull-mew-fin-2.html#post2307162
There's a question about the SAS Sweerent here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/325377-best-full-foot-fins-2.html#post5232531
You might try PMing the poster.

Thanks David,
I did see those posts as well and have tried to search on Japanese forums but not a lot of good talk about the Sweerents.

I've just ordered one (pink! as they didn't have white in a M... I need an M to fit my rubber boot), and will come in on Saturday.

I'll post my feedback here in September when I'm back :)

Cheers again!

Back
Top Bottom