Saturday 7/16 1:00 PM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Padipro

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone interested in diving the wreck of the Tortuga with RJ Diving Ventures of Miami on Saturday 7/16 at 1:00 PM call either RJ's or H2O Scuba for details. Price is $55.00.

The Tortuga is a 165 foot steel ship that was sunk in April 1995. The difference between this wreck and others is this particular ship was purchased by a movie company to be sunk on purpose in conjunction with DERM, the Department of Environmental Resource Management as an artificial reef. The elaborate explosion and sinking was all to be filmed for the movie Fair Game, starring Cindy Crawford and William Baldwin.

In the climatic scene at the end of the movie, the entire detonation and sinking of the Tortuga was documented as the characters portrayed by the two stars narrowly escape from the ship with their lives.

The wreck is a classic one, sitting completely upright in 110 feet of water. One of its distinctive features are the twin props which are totally intact making a great photographic opportunity.

Right now Myself, Kbeck and Mempilot are on the list to go. Hope to see others there.

Padipro:
Anyone interested in diving the wreck of the Tortuga with RJ Diving Ventures of Miami on Saturday 7/16 at 1:00 PM call either RJ's or H2O Scuba for details. Price is $55.00.

The Tortuga is a 165 foot steel ship that was sunk in April 1995. The difference between this wreck and others is this particular ship was purchased by a movie company to be sunk on purpose in conjunction with DERM, the Department of Environmental Resource Management as an artificial reef. The elaborate explosion and sinking was all to be filmed for the movie Fair Game, starring Cindy Crawford and William Baldwin.

In the climatic scene at the end of the movie, the entire detonation and sinking of the Tortuga was documented as the characters portrayed by the two stars narrowly escape from the ship with their lives.

The wreck is a classic one, sitting completely upright in 110 feet of water. One of its distinctive features are the twin props which are totally intact making a great photographic opportunity.

Right now Myself, Kbeck and Mempilot are on the list to go. Hope to see others there.

I am making my dive plans now. I might be up for this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom