Saturday after Thanksgiving (11/27) BHB Turkey Fry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
The last couple years have been so easy to coordinate, I figure we might as well do it all over again this year!
Everyone pitched in to make it a successful pot luck dive and picnic for the last two years, so...

Let's get together for a dive & party for a third year in a row!

Blue Heron Bridge
Saturday After Thanksgiving
Dive & Turkey Fry Family Party!

When: Saturday, November 27th 2010
What: Dive & Pot Luck Picnic (under the pavilions after the dive)

DIVE INFO
High tide - 12:13 PM

Entering the water 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM, diving Blue Heron Bridge (water temp - 75 - 78F) ... last year's morning bottom temp was 75

Exit the water 12:45 PM - ?
----

POT LUCK FAMILY PICNIC INFO
The park is open until 10:00 PM, so...

Following the dives we will have a pavilion where we can enjoy a cool party!

Don't ask me what to bring, just list what you will bring here on this thread and we will find a way to keep it up to date.

Anyone else interested?

Here are some of the things people brought last year (a huge success by the way... just over 50 people attended)... I believe we had 3 turkeys last year.

pulled pork
salsa & oil (for the turkey fryer)
fryer
pie
1 turkey
Chipotle Mac N Cheese
soda & mur
Stuffing (lots)
something untraditional (and Tim Tams)
paper goods: plates, napkins, plastic ware, garbage bags
corn on the cob
1 turkey

Let us know you are coming and what you will bring for the pot luck picnic. We'll keep it up to date through my next post...

Who's in?

OFFICIAL UPDATE POST:

This is the post where we will guilt a MOD into posting all the updated information running all the way to 11/27/2010 (NOTE: it might cost us a few cases of rum to keep the MODs interested!)

OFFICIAL UPDATE POST:

(NOTE: it might cost us a few cases of rum to keep the MODs interested!)

We will be watching like hawks for a mod neglected bottle of rum:crafty:--we plan on being there--we have been thinking about going Thanksgiving Day as well. I'm not sure what we will bring, the (good) cook in the family must be further consulted!!

I had SO MUCH FUN at this last year...I would be a YES but...I will be in STX for a few weeks, including Thanksgiving weekend, doing some research. I hope you manage to have fun without me. :wink: SRSLY, all local divers should check this out, a great time with great food and a great dive...will miss it (I hate to say I have a "better offer" but...well, it is what it is and I do. :blinking: ) Take lots of pics right, like you wouldn't, lol

Sweet! Hermit Crab and I are planning on attending. Love the high tide time, gives us plenty of time afterwards to socialize... and drink MUR.

Put me down for stuffing

Rice Krispy Bars again this year.

A few people have expressed interest in diving the inlet. If anyone experienced in diving the inlet is attending and would be willing, I think this would be a good opportunity for that.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom