Savannah River Dive - N. Augusta S.C.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Air for the river dives (it is so shallow nitrox would be of no real benefit) and most of the local lake dives (though when the deep wall is clear we sometimes use nitrox).

Another good river dive at N. Augusta Boat Landing today - 95 minutes, water temp 59 degrees, vis 10-15'. 4 of us today. should be 6 tomorrow afternoon at 1p for another dive.

Five of us dove this afternoon. The sun was out and Vis was 20' - really good. Lots of fish life - bass, catfish, bluegill, carp, turtles. Current was a little more noticeable, but very manageable. We dove for 95 min. Water is still 59 degrees.

Three of us dove N. Augusta today. Geez, winter diving has arrived. Air temp at entry was 39 degrees, water temp was 50 (my dive buddy said that his computer read 49 degrees -I prefer my reading:shakehead:). We had a 64 min dive. Nice vis 10-12'. We are planning on either the lake or river tomrrow depending on the weather (rain expected).

Thanks for the report. My sister's kids gave me a head cold (they like to share :shakehead:) so I'm land bound for a while.

Merry Christmas! A good dive clears out that congestion, 'course the inside of the mask doesn't look too pretty :shakehead:

LOL

Merry Christmas!

Santa is bringing me a 7mm Pinnacle. Still working on gloves.

Should see you in the new year - although I may wait for slightly warmer air temps!

I think the weather missed the memo from the National Weather Service - we are supposed to have a warm dry winter according to their predictions- oh, we did set a low temp record this week didn't we:D

Global Warming :shakehead:

I wish Al Gore had never invented it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom