Save a dive kit for travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KC10Chief

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got into diving earlier this year when I was in Curacao for about six weeks. I have since got my advanced and nitrox certs and done some lake diving here in Oklahoma. Lake diving pretty much sucks here. Anyways, I have purchased all of my own gear and bought some nice stuff. Mostly Scubapro. I bought the Hydros Pro BCD which is awesome. I also have Scubapro MK25 Evo/G260 regs with Air2. Scubapro Nova fins. It's all great stuff and I've only used it a few times. My wife and I are taking a cruise in a few weeks and I'll be diving in Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. About six dives total. I'm also going on a live aboard boat in September. I've seen a lot of save a dive kits out there but am unsure what I really need if anything. O-rings? Tools? I have two masks.

I have a small Pelican with hoses, o-rings, tools, plugs, zip ties and a pile of other stuff that I take with me. Cheap insurance.

Spare o-rings for cylinders since resort only changes them when they fall out or disintegrate. Better yet, O-ring assortment kit
Spare battery for computer. No need if it's rechargeable
Multi Tool
Zip ties
Rescue tape

Spare mask strap
Spare fin straps - I got spring straps (they didn't come with my new fins) and put the original straps in my save-a-dive kit
Spare mouthpiece
Bit of bungee/shock cord and a bolt snap or two

I even have an extra LP inflator hose for my wing

I also have Scubapro MK25 Evo/G260 regs with Air2.

I use a Sherwood Gemini Air2, and accidentally learned with trying to swap out reg.s that my BCD's low pressure inflator hookup is 'special' - because of the Air2. If your low pressure inflator attachment malfunctions on a trip and needs replacing, might be nice to have the compatible part in your save-a-dive kit.

Richard.

Last edited:
I bring one set of extra fins, mask and snorkel, for our group of three divers, since these seem to be frequently lost on the "Lost and Found" threads. All three of us seem to need similar sized equupment, so that is why it works for us.
This is a lot of extra weight, and so far I have never used the spares.

Surgical tubing
spare mouthpiece

Someone else will have tools to lend. But they won't have extra straps for you. you can jury-rig most anything with surgical tubing.

I use a Sherwood Gemini Air2, and accidentally learned with trying to swap out reg.s that my BCD's low pressure inflator hookup is 'special' - because of the Air2. If your low pressure inflator attachment malfunctions on a trip and needs replacing, might be nice to have the compatible part in your save-a-dive kit.

Richard.

To piggyback off of what Richard said, as another diver who also dives an AIR2, I bring adapters to allow me to use my reg with a rental BC (or my BC with a rental reg) should I need to.

https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice-Scubapro-Standard-Adaptor/dp/B007X8LN30/

https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice-Standard-Scubapro-Adaptor/dp/B007X8NFS6/

Spare mask for sure.
My daughter's mask was not secured on a dive boat in Cozumel, and almost went through the scupper in the stern of the boat... Thankfully, we saw it going, and someone at the stern grabbed it at the last minute.
We both use spring straps on our fins, but bring the original straps as spares for every dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom